X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clearchanel
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

server config

Is there a file I can upload to my server and run to tell me excatley what is installed and which versions? Such as php, zlib, and the like?

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I assume you are referring to PHP. Create a file called phpinfo.php with this content and upload it to your web directory:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Then run in from your browser.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• clearchanel
      • May 2001
      • 3.8.x

That worked great. Now that I know for sure I have php 4.0.6 does anyone have instructions for upgrading php for dummies available. I've read quite a few topics on it, and to be honest, I have no idea how to excuate them.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I have my own dedicated server but felt much safer just having my hosting company do the upgrade for me.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...