X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr0g0
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.1.x

HostGator

Do any of you guys use HostGator to run your forum on? Only we have recently upgraded to a VPS and since then HostGator have advised me that it is not possible to have file attachments of 100mb in size. I have updated the sections within VBuleltin reagarding the max file size, and max posat size .. even edited the php.ini and in the end just tried to tell Vbuleltin to store file attachments out of the database straight to the file system, and when I have gone to set the path after creating and setting 0777 permissions on the newly created folder, Vbulletin has come back with to make sure that the server has write and delete permissions. And of course it does have.

So again my question is, are there any people on here runing Vbuleltin via hosting with HostGator.

Thanks in advance
    Dr0g0
  • JenP
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by dr0g0
    Do any of you guys use HostGator to run your forum on? Only we have recently upgraded to a VPS and since then HostGator have advised me that it is not possible to have file attachments of 100mb in size. I have updated the sections within VBuleltin reagarding the max file size, and max posat size .. even edited the php.ini and in the end just tried to tell Vbuleltin to store file attachments out of the database straight to the file system, and when I have gone to set the path after creating and setting 0777 permissions on the newly created folder, Vbulletin has come back with to make sure that the server has write and delete permissions. And of course it does have.

So again my question is, are there any people on here runing Vbuleltin via hosting with HostGator.

Thanks in advance
    Dr0g0
    I used them without any problems.

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
      • Oct 2009

I do but I have a dedicated server chmod 777 folder should work

Comment

• cowboy_matt
        • Jan 2013

I was using Hostgator for some time, but then Swisshosters appeared and since then i host my servers at this company.

Comment

• alemcherry
          • Jun 2006

When you are on a cPanel VPS, what you get is a standard configuration for most purpose and additionally you have root access. So there is nothing specific to your host that should limit you.

You should be giving the wrong path or something and this looks like a simple error. You may go through the thread below to see if you are making similar mistake.

Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...