X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jhoffa_
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

Pls help, need host. ddos problems.

I don't want to run anyone down, so I won't say who it was.. But I was completely happy with my host ill today when I got ddosed and they yanked the site down.

They can't tell me when I can use it again.. Didn't offer to pro rate it or anything else. Couldn't stop it. All they said was that there was some package, blah, blah, blah.. that would handle these types of problems, for 300 bucks a month on top of what I'm paying.

Can you recommend someone, please?

I want it turn key. I want them to install VB and upgrade it. If there's a problem, I want them to fix it. I don't want to mess with it. That's why I'm paying someone else.

Sound like anyone you know of?
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jhoffa_
    I want it turn key. I want them to install VB and upgrade it. If there's a problem, I want them to fix it. I don't want to mess with it. That's why I'm paying someone else.

Sound like anyone you know of?
    Vbulletin Cloud?

Comment

• ozzy47
      • Oct 2009

That would be a option, if you don't plan on having any mods on the site.
      My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
      Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Does sound like a good fit for vBulletin Cloud, as stated as long as you don't want to add modifications or edit templates.

Packages:

Feature Comparison:

MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Good luck choosing your host. I've never used vbulletin cloud but I have heard great things.

You may want to opt for CloudFlare which is a free DDoS protection service that can be installed on your VPS and included in your cpanel. You can learn more on their website.

If you are using a VPS or higher, they also have a free service called CloudFlare DNS which is also a solution for high-end servers who need DNS protection. They give you a number of options and now even include free SSL.

Last, ask your host about ModSecurity which is also a free service that can be installed on your cpanel. This is another protection tool for webmasters that comes at no cost. What it does is provide you with protection against any type of attack including things such as SQL injections and other things that can be a hassle for your webhosting experience.

Hope that helped you. Vbulletin Cloud is a great option from what I have heard. Good luck with your hosting!
          "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• wloggy
            • Feb 2015
            • 5.0.x

I agree with XboxCloud that using a CDN can handle your problem on DDOS.

or some hosting providers can give you a ddos protection by using their service ( like IP filter DDos..etc). Just contact them if your hosting is support that.

Comment

• matimagallanes
              • Apr 2015
              • 4.0.x

Hi,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...