Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christine88
    • Nov 2012

Test host?

Is there any kind of vBulletin 5 friendly test host that I can use just to see if my forum works properly once I get it finished? Or a cheap host that I can use for a month or two. Don't need anything fancy just for testing.

Christine
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Christine88
    Is there any kind of vBulletin 5 friendly test host that I can use just to see if my forum works properly once I get it finished? Or a cheap host that I can use for a month or two. Don't need anything fancy just for testing.

Christine
    Check this forum: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...osting-Options

Choose one of them without a long term contract.
    Pay for a month or two only.

Do not choose a free host.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• alemcherry
      • Jun 2006

There are hosts that offer first month free (or a nominal fee) using some coupons - like Hostgator do. It may not be right to cancel such contract at the end of the month, if everything work fine. I mean, technically you can cencel at the end of the first month, but it is probably not ethical.

The best way to test is to use the localhost and I don't see any reason why you should do it with a pro host. You can even use your own domain name by editing the hosts file to resolve it to your localhost. Just install any PHP+Apache+MySQL package, few clicks and you are ready to test.

Even though I never advice free hosts for any real tasks, they are also okay for testing purpose.
      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...