Can vbulletin be uploaded to and run from a new domain name ? Or do you need to have a website firs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulscott
    • Jan 2010

Can vbulletin be uploaded to and run from a new domain name ? Or do you need to have a website firs

Hi
    I purchased vbulletin and want to have a body building discussion forum with subforums for future advertizers (sponsors)

What I need to know is can I simply register a domain name and have vbulletin uploaded to the domain name...and use it as stand alone software?

Or do I have to develop a website n?

Thanks

P
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You can use vBulletin as the only thing on your domain or as part of a site - you choose
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• alemcherry
      • Jun 2006

It is perfectly okay either way. Now since VB is available with CMS, blog etc, you actually need nothing else to have a complete site. If you just want a forum, you can have it that way.
      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• paulscott
        • Jan 2010

Thamk you

I am having a real hard time uploading or posting pictures or banners that are big they all go on tiny thumbs and nothing I can do.
        I have used other peoples vbulletin boards and all you have to do is post a pic as attachement and then click on it and uit gives you size options...why is this not so for me?

Thanks

Comment

• saim45
          • Jul 2013

In order to prevent security issues it is necessary to keep your vBulletin installation and the integrated extensions up-to-date. In this way you will get new features and fix recently discovered bugs or security breaches in PHP, MySQL or vBulletin itself.

saim45

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...