X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Champs
    • Oct 2012

I need a medium host

Hi!

I'm new here and I need a medium host (2 Gb). With this diskspace, how many posts can be stored by DB? One milion? Because I want to build a big community.
  • alemcherry
    • Jun 2006

I think you are not clear about how hosting works / your requirements. Few points to note.

1. You did not not mention what kind of hosting you need or what your budget is. In any case 2 GB disk space is too low and almost all kind of hosts will offer you much more. Even the cheapest shared hosts will offer 5 GB - 100s of GB.

2. If you have a million post, you will have thousands of regstered members and probably hundreds of them online at peak hours. That would need a lot of CPU, bandwidth etc. Shared hosts wont allow sites with heavy traffic, you will probably need a dedicated server then.

3. You need not pay now for the hosting you need in future. I think you are just about to start, so get a shared hosting and upgrade as you grow.

HTH
    Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...