• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mubeen Ali
    • May 2012
    • 3.8.x

i am facing database error.

hello
    i had delete some tables from mysql database. but before deleting i have download it's backup. due to deleting of tables i am facing database error on my web.
    i tried to upload backup but vain. that size of backup which is in .sql extension is 125 mb.
    i tried to upload it but my server only allow to upload 50 mb of backup. once i ignore that message and try to upload. after two hours of uploading i face the error that file's size se large.
    somewhere on my hosting i read that i can also upload back in .sql.rar extension.
    can anyone help me how can i solve this problem???
    i am also trying to restore my web. but it is taking to much time. 2+ hours are going on.
    kindly help me what should i do?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Talk to your webhost, ask them to restore the backup.

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mubeen Ali
      hello
      i had delete some tables from mysql database. but before deleting i have download it's backup. due to deleting of tables i am facing database error on my web.
      i tried to upload backup but vain. that size of backup which is in .sql extension is 125 mb.
      i tried to upload it but my server only allow to upload 50 mb of backup. once i ignore that message and try to upload. after two hours of uploading i face the error that file's size se large.
      somewhere on my hosting i read that i can also upload back in .sql.rar extension.
      can anyone help me how can i solve this problem???
      i am also trying to restore my web. but it is taking to much time. 2+ hours are going on.
      kindly help me what should i do?
      You may try to uncompress your .sql.rar file on your computer and import the tables one by one with phpmyadmin into the database.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Mubeen Ali
        • May 2012
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by beishe8
        You may try to uncompress your .sql.rar file on your computer and import the tables one by one with phpmyadmin into the database.
        that file is in .sql extension not in .sql.rar
        how can i import tables one by one??

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You would have to open the file in a text editor run the queries one at at time.

Comment

• liamwli
            • Feb 2012
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mubeen Ali
            that file is in .sql extension not in .sql.rar
            how can i import tables one by one??
            Open the file using a text editor that isn't notepad,wordpad or ms word. I would suggest notepad++

The copy and paste each table query into the sql tab of phpmyadmin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...