Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TyPenn613
    • Feb 2007

Host for a Penny-Pincher?

As you got from the title, I'm looking cheap, or perhaps I should say basic. I shutdown my community of five plus years last Fall, having run on VPS hosting most of that time. WiredTree was my last stop, and found their service to be excellent, but probably a touch more than I needed. Now, I'm looking to start a new website/community from scratch, and just wondering if anyone has a cheap/basic host that would get the job done. If I need more later, I'll deal with moving my mess, but until I don't think I need much.

My fear is that I might get something that doesn't adequately run Vbulletin. To be honest, I'm thinking really small for needing VB, but because I have the software, I figured I would go with it. Primiarly using the blog/CMS in addition to maybe 1-4 boards with minor traffic.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys! All the best!
  • KevinL
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Most hosts will be able to handle a small vBuleltin forum. That being said the best place to look usually is webhostingtalk.com

The most important thing - stay away from 'unlimited' hosts. Usually ends up with a headache.
    HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
    Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• TyPenn613
      • Feb 2007

Thanks Kevin, I'll check that out. I agree about the term 'unlimited', and to be honest I'm a bit scared to even consider a Shared Host despite that I really don't need more than that.

Comment

• KevinL
        • Apr 2005
        • 3.8.x

There are good shared hosting providers out there. Just searching through here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 there are some that would easily fit your needs. If they are charging like $2 a month..I would stay away haha
        HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
        Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• TyPenn613
          • Feb 2007

Haha thanks. I'm willing to crack double digits.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...