• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ikorolis
    • Sep 2006
    • 4.2.x

Searching New Host

Hey guys

i am search new host on my vbulletin (fresh install vbulletin 4.x.x (complete suite)

i am from greece and ask you guys if you know any good host from greece

contact few hosting services and tell me maybe dont usefull (cpu or memory usage) linux (cloud) shared webhosting and move to VPS or DEDICATED Hosting plans

this plans cost many euros out of my economic badget

my badget is 80 euro per year dont give more (i am unemployement "no job-no work")

any advice welcome

Thank You
  • Dustin L.
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.2.X

That thread may be of interest to you.

Dustin
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

Look at who it is you have locally first. Then sneak around on the net for one that would gladly host somebody from your country. (look around for any UK based hosts my friend and stick with them.)
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• gazzak
        • Sep 2006

I changed from my host of 5 years to Nimbus hosting a couple of weeks ago. We are on a VPS package. We are using VBulletin 4.2 full suite as well. Tim at Nimbus knows VBulletin so well and has helped us so much in the last 2 weeks that I wish we'd changed hosts a year ago. Many recommendations on here made me speak with Nimbus, and they were right. Visit their website and contact them, you will soon know thtat they are the ones to use with a VB setup.

Good Luck.

Comment

• ikorolis
          • Sep 2006
          • 4.2.x

Thank you for your answers

This is my story

My old host www.centelia.net (Have professional package 15GB Disk Space , 170GB Bandwidth cost = 80 EUR PER YEAR) tell me the website is grow and dont support me now SHARED WEB HOSTING.

Find other host and take Small VPS Hosting Package or Small Dedicated Hosting Package.

go here to ask you guys i know this packages (VPS or DEDICATED) is cost too much for my badget (80 EUR PER YEAR) why dont select again Shared Web Hosting have problems again?

Now i am searching new host my first priority have this host in greece (some web hosting services find in my country (greece) dont know is good or bad for me www.tophost.gr , www.cityhost.gr , www.hyperhosting.gr)

any help or advise is welcome

"Note" The new host have Complete VBulletin 4.x.x (Full Suite) CMS , Forum , Blog (Fresh and Clean Install) nothing keep or transfer my old one VBulletin 3.x.x

Start for beginning again...
          Last edited by ikorolis; Mon 23 Jul '12, 7:46am.

Comment

• gazzak
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ikorolis
            Thank you for your answers

This is my story

My old host www.centelia.net (Have professional package 15GB Disk Space , 170GB Bandwidth cost = 80 EUR PER YEAR) tell me the website is grow and dont support me now SHARED WEB HOSTING.

Find other host and take Small VPS Hosting Package or Small Dedicated Hosting Package.

go here to ask you guys i know this packages (VPS or DEDICATED) is cost too much for my badget (80 EUR PER YEAR) why dont select again Shared Web Hosting have problems again?

Now i am searching new host my first priority have this host in greece (some web hosting services find in my country (greece) dont know is good or bad for me www.tophost.gr , www.cityhost.gr , www.hyperhosting.gr)

any help or advise is welcome

"Note" The new host have Complete VBulletin 4.x.x (Full Suite) CMS , Forum , Blog (Fresh and Clean Install) nothing keep or transfer my old one VBulletin 3.x.x

Start for beginning again...
            Talk to Tim at Nimbus. He moved our entire VBulletin site over to his hosting with no downtime. We went from slow to super fast, and it now costs £10 a month less than my old hosts at EZPZ. www.wfcforums.com.

Comment

• wave-rice
              • Feb 2011
              • 5.5.x

I had a good experience with IntoVPS. They do unmanaged VPS so you'll need to know what you're doing to avoid messing up. Support is top notch too should you need it. They usually reply within a half hour.
              Aakif Nazir

Comment

• David Copeland
                • May 2000

Originally posted by gazzak
                Talk to Tim at Nimbus. He moved our entire VBulletin site over to his hosting with no downtime. We went from slow to super fast, and it now costs £10 a month less than my old hosts at EZPZ. www.wfcforums.com.
                I would certainly hope you would have decent speed. You have 35,000 threads and 3,400 members, which should not be that much of a challenge for any shared server.

DAVID COPELAND
                Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

• aliameer
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 3.8.x

I do not know about Greece

I hosted my site with euk host And the service is good

Good luck

Comment

• pvo_dave
                    • Sep 2003

Also recommend Nimbus, Tim and the team got VB4 running fast for me before I moved to XF.

Originally posted by David Copeland
                    I would certainly hope you would have decent speed. You have 35,000 threads and 3,400 members, which should not be that much of a challenge for any shared server.
                    If it helps, our forum has over 2 million posts with 300-400 users on at a time, runs the best it ever has with Nimbus (www.nimbushosting.co.uk)

Good luck

Comment

• IcEWoLF
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 4.1.x

geekstorage.com is a good web host.
                      The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• craigvm
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 4.2.X

i use unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk on there cloud vps £24 a month never had any probs with them and support is top
                        www.fordmodified.co.uk
                        the home for modified fords

Comment

• alemcherry
                          • Jun 2006

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but considering your budget and assuming that your site is relatively new or small, I guess you only need a shared hosting and nothing else. Hosting in US is cheaper and more professional than in most countries, so may be you can get a good US based shared host. May not be as fast as your local host within your country, but it shouldn't be that slow either.
                          Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• JakeSully
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 4.2.X

I justu use tmdhosting.com for a whille and they have been a good company so has crocweb.com so you could try and check them out

Comment

• David Copeland
                              • May 2000

Originally posted by pvo_dave
                              Also recommend Nimbus, Tim and the team got VB4 running fast for me before I moved to XF.

If it helps, our forum has over 2 million posts with 300-400 users on at a time, runs the best it ever has with Nimbus (www.nimbushosting.co.uk)

Good luck
                              How did your 2million post forum work on a shared server using VB?

Now that you have swtiched to XF, are you still on a shared server? If so, what is your forum link?

David

DAVID COPELAND
                              Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                              Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...