Arvixe suspended my website because a user wants to remove their links in my forums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • links4rank
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.1.x

Arvixe suspended my website because a user wants to remove their links in my forums

The site was already up, and arvixe already apologies and I will not say it.

It looks like negative SEO and their former SEO groups are
    battling each other in my website. Unfortunately my web hosting provider and My websites were involved.
    Last edited by links4rank; Wed 27 Jun '12, 10:30am. Reason: good reason
    SEO and Webmaster Forum
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I'd find a better webhost.
    You should have been forwarded any DMCA complaints, or at least have a chance to review any claims against your site.

Comment

• Adam-Arvixe
      • Jun 2012

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to ensure you that it is NOT company policy to suspend entire accounts based on content-removal requests such as the one that you've received. While we do strive to follow all laws and regulations when it comes to DMCA Notices and Trademark Infringement reports, we do acknowledge that there are certain unauthorized parties that send incomplete or harmful requests. For this reason we do make all attempts to contact any affected customer to ensure there is complete transparency between ourselves and the content-publisher – this is the most important relationship we have, after all.

Unfortunately, in this case, these steps and policies were not followed which resulted in understandable frustration and anger. Due to this breach of policy and procedure, we've had to remove the tech responsible to ensure that the integrity of our operations does stay in tact. For future reference, however (and I understand that you were quite upset about the interruption of service itself), if/when an account on your VPS is suspended you do have full control over the node – you are able to re-activate that account through WHM.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and have worked to ensure that this does not occur throughout our organization in the future.
      Thank you!

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Well, have to say, that's a very honest post. Not good that it went wrong but I think the public apology is good there.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Well done Adam.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mark.B
            Well, have to say, that's a very honest post. Not good that it went wrong but I think the public apology is good there.
            Agreed and imo, when you own up to your mistakes it shows your a honest type of man/company .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• warlord0
              • Apr 2012
              • 4.1.x

The mark of good quality often isn't identified when things are going well, but when things go wrong and the steps that are taken to resolve it.

Comment

• alemcherry
                • Jun 2006

I am impressed. Adam made zero efforts to justify or make excuses, and his apology sounds honest.

I would have normally advised to keep the links nofollow, but to someone with a username links4rank, it may not be a solution!
                Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...