Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darnovo
    • Apr 2012

Looking for a Host, Ideas?

I am currently on a shared DreamHost server, I've never really had any issues, but I am about to start upgrading my web use. I am about to start a forum that could potentially bring in thousands of users, also I want to start a blog and actively create content on a regular basis. I am guessing a VPS is the best way to start, however, there are so many hosts out there and all the hosting review websites seem to be gimmicky.

Hosts I have been looking at:

www.webair.com <~ this one seems the most intriguing, but I don't know if they are good or bad
    www.inmotionhosting.com <~ reviews are decent

other than that, I am completely open to ideas. I plan on hosting the forum with vBulliten, but I also plan on hosting other sites on the same server. Thanks for your help!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Where are you based and where will the majority of your users be based?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• itexamstube
      • Jan 2012

if you are looking forward for reliable services so i am strongly recommended you Bluehost, Hostgator etc.

Comment

• Drrugo
        • Jul 2011

Reliable hosting services are available form b2netsolutions, hostgator and cyberls.
        Their prices are affordable and services are stable.
        Just my two cents.

Comment

• alemcherry
          • Jun 2006

inmotionhosting gets mixed reviews, I wont recommend them.

I would personally recommend Liquidweb or WiredTree, the latter especially gets very good reviews on all hosting forums and they have a lot of admirers on this forum as well. Bluehost, Hostgator etc are for cheap shared hosting, not recommend for VPS.

HTH
          Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• donholloway
            • Jun 2011
            • 4.1.x

I regret having to say that I can't recommend Bluehost, although I had used them for years. They shut down my vbulletin site because they said that my unlimited plan was using too many MySQL tables. I had to delete vbulletin, then apply to have my other accounts reinstated.

Nothing behaving poorly, they just ran some kind of report and didn't like how many tables I was using. Now looking for better options myself.

Don

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...