X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gayla
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.0.x

Not Sure What The Problem Is Or What I Need

I went live with my forum about 10 days ago and have less than 60 members. I regularly have 3 or 4 members online with 8-10 guests which are mostly spiders. I run a few mods including vbAdvanced CMS, an arcade and a shoutbox on the front page.

Most every evening around 10 pm, I get 8-10 database errors which are mostly can't connect through socket or max users reached. My host, Arvixe, says that there isn't anything they can do and that I need to upgrade from "Business Class" hosting to VPS. I just find it hard to believe that a site with this little traffic is so resource intensive that I need to move beyond shared hosting. Is this normal for vB sites?

I'm very familiar with shared hosting and have had reseller hosting for many, many years. That being said, I know nothing about VPS as far as standard features and what to look for in VPS hosting. So I could definitely use some suggestions.

Thanks
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

I think either your hosting package doesn't meet the minimum specifications to run vb or they are trying to get more money out of you. Either way I would be looking to change hosts. Have a good look through this hosting section to see what other vb users are reccommending.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Your hosting package seems very limited in the allotted resources.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...