• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NthEdu
    • Jun 2014
    • 5.0.X

Advise on VPS with or without CP for VBforum

Hello,
    I have decided to go for VPS hosting for my new start up of VB forum from www.freshroastedhosting.com which is costing me around $221/Year .I am confused with whether to go with Control panel or NOT. They charge 12$/month for CP. If I don't buy CP, How I am going to add files and manage database? or this control panel is different what we have in shared hosting? please somebody advise ASAP.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Sorry if this sounds harsh but if you are confused about whether you need a hosting control panel or not you probably shouldn't be taking on an unmanaged VPS. For a new forum a shared hosting package is adequate and will not only save you money but will let you get used to hosting and how it works so you can think about a VPS as your forum grows.

To answer your question, you can run a VPS without a control panel on a linux server wit something called L.A.M.P (google it) but it's not for a novice. WHM (the admin version of Cpanel) is an easier way of administering a VPS but you still need to install it (some hosts will install it for you) and yes $12/Month is a good price.
    Last edited by donald1234; Sat 21 Jun '14, 4:14am.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I don't think you're ready for a unmanaged VPS yet. You need to look at standard webhosting, or a managed VPS.

Comment

• phudu25
        Banned
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

That is great. I want to inform you that hostgator sale of 75% for all webhosting. Visit now Hostgator sale of 75% to buy it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...