Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AusPhotography
    • Nov 2007

Arvixe VPS Class Pro - initial review

We just moved from Hostgator to Arvixe and I'm very happy! (not anymore)
    [disavowed]

We were on HG VPS Level 4 for ~$80/month, we are now on http://www.arvixe.com/vps_virtual_pr...ervers_hosting VPS Class Pro for the same $ less 10% for a small advert at the bottom of the page.
    We get 4 CPU's not 2, 50% more memory and 50% more disk for the same $$. The extra CPU is what we needed.
    Arvixe also a bare metal VPS (Hyper-V) instead of Virtuozzo and its much better.

The only issue I had with Arvixe is that it took them 48 hours to provision and I had to escalate the provision queue via a ticket.

I configured the same Apache mod_fcgid MySQL PHP etc. so it was easy to benchmark.

Kym
    Last edited by AusPhotography; Sun 18 Mar '12, 1:04am.
    environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account
  • Avand
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ricktas
    We just moved from Hostgator to Arvixe and I'm very happy!

We were on HG VPS Level 4 for ~$80/month, we are now on http://www.arvixe.com/vps_virtual_pr...ervers_hosting VPS Class Pro for the same $ less 10% for a small advert at the bottom of the page.
    We get 4 CPU's not 2, 50% more memory and 50% more disk for the same $$. The extra CPU is what we needed.
    Arvixe also a bare metal VPS (Hyper-V) instead of Virtuozzo and its much better.

The only issue I had with Arvixe is that it took them 48 hours to provision and I had to escalate the provision queue via a ticket.

I configured the same Apache mod_fcgid MySQL PHP etc. so it was easy to benchmark.

Kym
    Dear Kym -

Thank you for taking the time to post here about our services. Just to comment that the 48 hour provision time is not at all usual. Generally, provisioning is automatic and happens within 30-60 minutes. However, due to the shortage of hardware nodes in our system, there was a delay which we should have rectified for good.

Regards,

Arvand Sabetian
    Operations Manager,
    Arvixe, LLC

Comment

• AusPhotography
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Avand
      Thank you for taking the time to post here about our services. Just to comment that the 48 hour provision time is not at all usual. Generally, provisioning is automatic and happens within 30-60 minutes. However, due to the shortage of hardware nodes in our system, there was a delay which we should have rectified for good.
      Thanks for the response to clear that up.
      environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

Comment

• AusPhotography
        • Nov 2007

Well that was short lived.
        We moved off Arvixe due to VERY slow IO (disk) performance, which caused no end of issues with MySQL.

Even as I delete the content from the old site (no web activity), the rm -Rf * is VERY slow .

Not sure if its HyperV or just over subscribed hardware -- but we ended out moving elsewhere (photonvps XEN).

Based on our experience, any recommendation is disavowed.

Kym

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...