• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rammieone
    • Aug 2009
    • 3.8.x

My Host and Prices Help Advice Needed

Ok here goes....
    At the present time our Forum is running 4.1.3 and does not use the Suite Just the Forum side of the software.

We are using a Semi deadicated hosting plan at the cost of $59.99 per month

Our hosts are saying due to high cpu and memory use we now need to move on to a plan at the cost of $90.00 Dollers a month.

The specs on the currecnt plan are as follows
    Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2350 with 2 G of RAM installed.
    semi deadicated plan Each Semi-Dedicated Server "Slice" is a 1/30th share of a fully managed dedicated server. This means that there will never be more than 30 Slices on a server.

The plan they are saying we now need to take up or they will close the account is

Dual Core Intel Xeon CPU
    4.8 GHz Burstable CPU
    15 Gigs Disk (SAN Cluster)
    1 Gig Dedicated RAM

Please, note that all these resources will be dedicated to you only.

Our forum has around 200 members and can have up to 100-150 online at a Max at any time (This is the highest i have seen on the records)

So any help or Advice would be Great to hear please

Does it sound right we need to spend this type of money each month for hosting or is there a better plan around bearing in mind we like to have a fair amount of Mods installed and a Chat box for upto 30 users Running 24 hours per day?

Thanks for any inputs and if any more details need to be posted Just let me know what Info is needed to help you advise us in our next steps to take as we dont wish to lose our members due to the site being suspended if we dont upgrade or move to better hosting
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...