Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle Chugg
    • Dec 2011

Usage Amount - Small/Medium Forum

Hey how's it going? Basically my question is.. What sort of bandwidth ect does a small to medium forum use I will also have a inferno shoutbox on my site as-well As I am looking at getting VB for myself and will be using it for a gaming clan the only real stats I can give you to maybe be of some help in knowing bandwidth amount ect is the info of the free site we use at the moment which is the following..
    Members: 76
    Threads: 289
    Views: 16,582

That is from the 14th of Nov 2011 - 21st Dec 2011 so I guess it would be actually considered a small forum but as we're a gaming clan we are always taking on more recruits so growing all the time ect.. But yeah.. I have 2 plans in mind (come with the option to buy more Memory, Disk & Data as needed so I can upgrade as usage gets higher) I will list below if you could maybe tell me if I need more or should be fine ect or post your usage if you have a similar forum. Just want to get a basic idea of what to expect as I don't go paying for more then I need or not paying enough and getting a massive excess bill lol I will be using VPS if that is of any importance.. But any help will be greatly appreciated.. Sorry if the post is long and I rambled.. Only 19 years old so trying to give as much info as I think you'd need lol XD

Basic Plan
    4 virtual CPUs

Memory
    512 MB

Disk
    30 GB

Data
    70 GB

Cost Monthly: $39.07

Silver Plan
    4 virtual CPUs

Memory
    1024 MB

Disk
    40 GB

Data
    90 GB

Cost Monthly: $59.95
  • KevinL
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

For those stats go with a good quality shared hosting provider. No need to spend more money than you need to.
    HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
    Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• Kyle Chugg
      • Dec 2011

Could you recommend any providers and their plans by chance? Thanks in advanced

Comment

• IcEWoLF
        • Jul 2008
        • 4.1.x

I also agree with KevinL, save the money and go with a good shared host that doesn't limit your resources.
        There are many good hosts.
        I'd suggest going with this company: https://www.nfoservers.com/order-webhosting.php
        Their web hosting is hosted on Internap, also they don't restrict you on how much cpu usage you can use (as long as you don't abuse it)

Their web host control panel is also good.
        For $2.99 you can't go wrong.

I've used them for my vBulletin website for over 2 years http://www.47r-squad.com
        But I had to move on to VPS because of the amount of plugins I ran (vBSEO is killer).
        The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...