• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefenixboy
    • Aug 2000

What you thing?

Shared / Dedicated
    ¡Hello!

My site is new, but the idea sound well.

I pay $55.00 to Vserver for the lite plan.
    Only 100MB and less if you install mysql and perl5 and other scripts as the logs.

In the server, we are 83 websites.

I calculate the amount of $55.00 and see some dedicated server and im interesting.

With only 7 people with "regular" website, i can pay $54.00 and only we are the owners.

Then, we have 1.2GB for everyone... or less with the software, mysql, php, perl, etc.

The only problem i found, is the following:

1. Who care of the server, installation, maintenace, support, and monitor the server?

2. Who setup, configure, and work the 7 websites, and distribute the disk, resources, virtual hosting (because we are in "virtual hosting" the only chang is that we are the owners of the server, and only share the server between us.)

3. If some fails, or the sites crash or something happend then??????

Im interesting, but i want to know, if we go to the desert of no support, or to the heaven of shared dedicated.

Thanks for your help.

Look this...
    DIGITAL NATION

Your PC linux Standard 1 Dedicated Server™
    Hardware/CPU: Pentium III 550MHz
    RAM: 128 Mb
    Drive 1: 9 Gb SCSI
    Drive 2: none
    Drive 3: none
    Drive 4: none
    Tape Back-Up: none
    IP Addresses: 2
    Webserver: Apache
    Start Up Cost: $250
    Monthly Cost: $375

Sorry, the page you visited does not exist or is missing. Please re-enter or return to the homepage.

SO? Im waiting...

• Chris Schreiber
    • Jun 2000
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by thefenixboy
    1. Who care of the server, installation, maintenace, support, and monitor the server?
    Well the basic installation (Linux, Apache, etc...) is usually done by the company providing the server. It is then up to the person running the machine (you) to install whatever other software you need (PHP, MySQL) and to maintain the server. Monitoring the server and limited support is usually included with the plan.

I am hosting with digitalNATION myself and am very happy with the server. If you require really good support then I'd also recommend taking a look at RackSpace as well.

-Chris

Comment

• thefenixboy
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Chris...

Ok, all you say is done by the company.

Now, is easy to make the virtual hosting for the web sites?

The company setup the mysql databases, virtual hosting or us?

The company make all the work, we only have to use our website as virtual hosting plus monitoring and setup new software?.

I cant make the work for the 7 virtual sites... thats my point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...