Liquidweb has let me down....move to hostgator or wiretree?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobDog888
    • Apr 2007
    • 4.2.X

Liquid web is great at customer sevice and fast but their VPS sucks big time. My site runs into major issues when their main server runs its nightly backup. It kills my VPS slice and they say to resolve the issue we have to upgrade to cloud or other server options which are double the price.

Looking at Media Temple. any reviews with vB?
    Jedi Software Developer

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by RobDog888
      Liquid web is great at customer sevice and fast but their VPS sucks big time. My site runs into major issues when their main server runs its nightly backup. It kills my VPS slice and they say to resolve the issue we have to upgrade to cloud or other server options which are double the price.

Looking at Media Temple. any reviews with vB?
      Is your vps package close to it's limits with ram and bandwidth?

Comment

• RobDog888
        • Apr 2007
        • 4.2.X

Nope, only was at 28% disk space used and memory was at 50%-75% but noithing is runinng that is taking it up, not sure what is.
        After over a year of complaining and demanding a solution they really dived deep to make the determination:

I turned off all my own backups and yet it didnt make any difference.
        They indicated it was their main servers backup that they do to protect the VPS accounts on that server
        also, stated it was because I had a good portion of data as video files and pictures which they stated causes a heavy load on backuping.

So after much consideration I opted to change servers away from their legacy vps dedicated server. They have awesome customer service and fast response times so as a company I have never deal with a better company. Their products sure could use a shot in the arm
        Jedi Software Developer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...