Brand new and learning... Uploading to a godaddy domain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Montgomery
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.1.x

Brand new and learning... Uploading to a godaddy domain?

I purchased the vbulletin software about a year ago and had a good friend who was going to host etc... unfortuately, life got in the way and I had to move and my site idea went by the wayside. Now, it's time for me to get my stuff up and running.

I have a domain through go daddy, but I have had trouble figuring out what/how to upload to get my site up. Any direction would be great.

I am a disabled vet who recently was able to come home, but am recovering from some injuries and am stuck at home for the most part (outside of appts at the VA) I am learning on the fly and trying to read up and study so I can get good at this....

Thanks!

Gomer
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Download the Filezilla Client.

Put your FTP information from GoDaddy in the Toolbar at the top... Host, Username, Password, any port they might specify.

Find your files in the left window.

Drag them to the right window.

Here is a video on how to upload files using FileZilla:

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• alemcherry
      • Jun 2006

I assume you have registered only a domain name and not yet purchased web hosting. You need to buy hosting, either from Godaddy or any other host of your choice. A normal shared hosting will be enough, preferably on Linux with PHP and MySQL support. If you buy hosting from third party, you need to set the "name servers" in the domain control panel, to the server names given by the new host.

What Wayne explained is how you upload the files to your host and you need to create a MySQL database as well (from the hosting control panel), before you install VB. There is a lot of details to understand and that is too much to explain here. You can get lots of how to on setting up a new site, on the net. If you have any specific question, please ask.
      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...