Which Host Would You Recommend For These Stats?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NimrodK
    • Oct 2011

Which Host Would You Recommend For These Stats?

I recently bought a vB forum that gets about 7-9k visitors a day, 300-500 of which are usually members (the website is also known for getting large spikes in traffic occassionally, something to do with the niche).

The guy I bought it from used to host the forum on his OWN company's servers, so now I need to find a different host for it.
    The problem is, I literally have NO idea what specs I should be looking for.

RAM, CPU, Bandwidth, etc. - I have no idea what this forum demands in those terms.

If anyone could recommend me a good Host+Hosting plan for a forum that gets this much traffic daily, it'd really help me out here!

Thanks in advance guys!
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

You may want to head over to Server Configuration forum https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-Configuration. Start a new thread in that forum with info asked at https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...sts-13-07-2011. If you have CentOS/RHEL or Debian OS based server you can also use mysqlmymonlite.sh to gather all info required. With the info, we can probably give you more educated guestimate as to what type of hosting server and configuration you would require.
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• leonidasbourne
      • Nov 2011

First login

First do it registration, First log in and if you want to fill up forum as your question than you create new post and write your question and post it and if you give answer of created post or forum than go in reply to thread and write your answer and post your reply, ok.......

Comment

• alemcherry
        • Jun 2006

7000 - 9000 visitors a day is low traffic and you should be okay with shared hosting.
        Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• jonnyhue
          • Oct 2010
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by alemcherry
          7000 - 9000 visitors a day is low traffic and you should be okay with shared hosting.
          really????
          Some people say having around 25 members online at a time is the maximum you can go with Shared Hosting

Comment

• GregUURL
            • May 2010
            • 4.0.x

That depends.. Some shared hosting will serve 5 to 6 times that number of concurrent users.
            Greg
            www.urljet.com

Comment

• Mitzy
              • Sep 2011

For the dollar and performance I couldn't recommend linode.com enough, hit me up if you'd like a 10% discount.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...