Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mithan
    • Jan 2002

Hosting questions: Need an idea on ~300 peak users a day

I am looking for somebody experienced here with a ~300 Peak User base to give me some assurance on what I need as far as Service Hosting is required.

My Stats:
    - http://www.postcount.net currently runs vB 4.1.12.
    - Approx 170gb a month of total (up/down) transfer
    - There are about 300 people "on the site" at peak times, of that, about 130-150 are logged in, the other is not.
    - dB is at 1gb now.
    - We are running a few modifications, but the site itself is NON-OPTIMIZED. Just vb defaults. I mention this incase that is very important....

Currently, we are hosted on a friends server that is a AMD Quad Core CPU with 8gb of Ram. The site runs great, no issues but we need to move it.

I am thinking about moving the site to BlueHost's VPS level 1 service which is 1 CPU and 2GB Ram solution for $30.

However, I am not sure if that is enough for 300 people.

Questions:

1. Do you guys know if the Blue Host 1CPU/2GB Ram WOULD be enough for a site that averages 300 users at peak? (Unoptomized)?
    2. IF we were to optimize the site a bit using this, would it probably be enough?
    3. If not, would the Dual Core/4GB option for $60 be good for that traffic?
    4. Any other ideas?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide me. I am hoping somebody will come laugh at me and tell me that BlueHosts 1CPU/2GB option is totally over kill for only 300 people logged in, but I don't know Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...