Will upgrading my vB solve my problems with switching hosts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reminisce32
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.6.x

Will upgrading my vB solve my problems with switching hosts?

I used to have MediaCatch.com as a host, but in the past 2 years, they never respond to any support tickets, so I switched to hostgator at the beginning of this month. They migrated my forums and everything appeared fine but the loading times took around a minute to load/refresh pages while navigating the forums. Soon I started getting a bunch of DB errors (I remember one of them was something like maxed_login). The insane slow load times happened on a shared account, a VPS level 3 and level 4. Hostgator cannot seem to figure out the issue and is not admitting to it, they are just ignoring the tickets for long periods of times and not actually addressing the issue.

So my question is: If I upgrade my vB and have vBulletin install it on my hostgator account, would I be able to transfer all the members/threads/posts to the new install?

How can I solve my problem?

Thank you.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

If you upgrade yes you keep your threads/posts/users, but it is unlikely an upgrade will help your performance, best to figure out what the issue is now. What version of VB are you currently on?

Comment