Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

I think they do a free migration. (like most hosts)

Comment

• Fready
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.0.x

Been using them many years, just pay the bills and all is good.

Comment

• fariborz khan
        • Jul 2007

URLjet is awesome. and they are the best hosting service that i ever seen
        thanks from them
        because they help me several time
        Last edited by fariborz khan; Tue 22 Oct '13, 2:44am.
        urljet best-vbulletin-host

Comment

• qpurser
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.1.x

We have been for many years with HostGator and after they moved their servers to their new data center everything with downhill.
          Site became extremely slow, lost connection to the sql database several times a day etc. On top of that they started suddenly restricting access to our site because of "high CPU" usage even when we haven't changed a thing for quite some time.
          Was time to move on.

Being a non-profit we just can't afford a dedicated server and we decided to go with URLjet with a shared hosting plan.
          Is it more expensive as those cheapo hosting companies? Yes it is but money well spent.

Even before we signed up for a plan I had many questions and my emails were answered within an hour most even within minutes.
          They didn't try to sell us more as we actually needed.

Once signed up within an hour we were all setup and we initiated a free Cpanel to Cpanel migration. The guys handling this task kept me in the loop on a regular basis and within a couple hours our site was back up and running.

We received many feedbacks from our users telling us they can't believe how fast our site suddenly was.

Me personally I can highly recommend URLjet.

Comment

• leedi25
            • Jun 2014
            • 5.0.X

can i ask is it wise to give urljet my license for them to upload to website or can i get scammed by doing that?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

We would never recommend actually handing over your vBulletin customer login details to anyone else. If they need the files you would be best advised to upload them yourself.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• donald1234
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by leedi25
                can i ask is it wise to give urljet my license for them to upload to website or can i get scammed by doing that?
                Once you download your zip file, you just attach it to their form, they will need your customer number to run the install script, I doubt if they would be in business for long if they scammed people in that way.

Comment

• leedi25
                  • Jun 2014
                  • 5.0.X

ok thank you!

Comment

• yv3013
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by WHUK
                    Having a dedicated IP address can help you stay away from later issues such as IP blacklisting etc.This is one of the common problems that people face with a shared IPs.
                    I'm wondering if there's some way to search if your shared IP address is blacklisted anywhere?
                    It's interesting as I never thought about other sites and that what the're up to can affect your own site.

Just waiting for VB5.4 to magically appear and i'll be switching over to URLJet too, my current host is slow sometims but the main reason is the loading and upgrading of the software.
                    that alone makes them seem like a bargain to me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...