X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Just used the unsubscribe link at the foot but if I get another, rant time...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

A lot of positive feedback for nimbus hosting, but I have to say that I had some strange issues that convinced me to move on, first thing I noticed was that someone had uploaded my sql file to the root of my server and any one who knew the path could access my full database over the web. When I contacted them at first they said that they were responsible and it needed to be done for the migration but they forgot to delete it. I challenged them on the need to do that and they changed their mind and said it had been there since before the migration. Not long after that my site dropped right out of the rankings, i couldnt understand why I blamed it on googles penguin update but they said my site hadn't been penalised but hinted that my my site had dropped for reasons to do with their algo. So I checked my 301 redirect (from non www. to www it has a lot of links.) and it wasn't working any more so I checked my .htaccess file and it had mysteriously dissapeared. I also put a forwarding redirect on another url registered with nimbus that mysteriously got cancelled.

Comment

• anenglisheye
        • Nov 2010
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by anenglisheye
        I did manage to speak to someone at GG support (after not receiving an acknowledgment to my email) they would only say that they were aware of the problem and were working to correct the problem, which they expected to do soon; that was around mid-day.

I had also tried to move to Nimbus last month but foolishly allowed myself to be talked out of it by IM, so am still suffering, but not for much longer, I’m moving – anywhere has to be better that this.
        We have moved to http://www.lisltd.co.uk and cannot praise them enough for the prompt and smooth way they handled the migration. Very pleased.

Comment

• Bounce
          • Feb 2005
          • 4.2.x

Does anyone at GG know what they are doing?

Comment

• manning
            • Apr 2007

Been with Global Gold since 2009 and Tim set me up - I NEVER had any issues ever - then a few weeks ago I started getting database errors - went to log into my cp so I could check on them - and plesk will not load so I have no access to my CP - that really sucks because now I have no way of transferring the site to another host! I have called support long distance from the states and been on hold forever - I have filled out tickets on the gguk site to no avail - the cp is still down! I guess Tim was the only one holding Global together! I'm guessing this is outsourced support - and let me tell you from this experience they dont know what they are doing!

Further the sales team / normal account help isnt much better - sent them an email 2 week ago never heard back - sent another 1 week ago havent heard back ....

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by manning
              Been with Global Gold since 2009 and Tim set me up - I NEVER had any issues ever - then a few weeks ago I started getting database errors - went to log into my cp so I could check on them - and plesk will not load so I have no access to my CP - that really sucks because now I have no way of transferring the site to another host! I have called support long distance from the states and been on hold forever - I have filled out tickets on the gguk site to no avail - the cp is still down! I guess Tim was the only one holding Global together! I'm guessing this is outsourced support - and let me tell you from this experience they dont know what they are doing!

Further the sales team / normal account help isnt much better - sent them an email 2 week ago never heard back - sent another 1 week ago havent heard back ....
              Assuming Tim at Nimbus is still not allowed to take on GlobalGold accounts directly...

Speak to this company....they are a Nimbus reseller and so the service you get will be much the same:

We've the latest solutions for all your hosting requirements.  Our range of products, complete with our team of professionals on-hand to help, ensure you always get the service you need when you need it.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• manning
                • Apr 2007

I emailed the chris in this thread - surprisingly I got a response within minutes, not like any of the other outlets unfortunately he told me that he could not help me >

Its an unmanaged VPS for which you have full root access.

Looking into this requires logging onto the VPS via SSH and looking for the problem, this is outside the scope of the service we provide.

You can email our support team or call during UK hours but they will not be able to look further into this due to it being a self-managed product

So the plesk CP that I am supposed to have is not working and they refuse to help me get things sorted out ... is that really acceptable customer support? Not like I am paying them 5 bux a month more like 6x that!!! NOT AT ALL HAPPY!

So much for his comments about Global Gold is going to be better than ever before ... they're running the company into the ground and what really sucks is that they will likely just start up under a new name.

Comment

• manning
                  • Apr 2007

After the poor support Ive gotten the last month - I have decided after 3 years I am cancelling my hosting with GlobalGoldUK AKA iomart - their support is absolutely horrible!

Sadly, I paid for 1 year of service in advance am cancelling 3 months early and they refuse to refund me any of the money I paid - just goes to reinforce what kind of shabby operation they are running!

Stay clear of anything related to IOMART - they suck!

Comment

• betterthanyours
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by manning
                    After the poor support Ive gotten the last month - I have decided after 3 years I am cancelling my hosting with GlobalGoldUK AKA iomart - their support is absolutely horrible!

Sadly, I paid for 1 year of service in advance am cancelling 3 months early and they refuse to refund me any of the money I paid - just goes to reinforce what kind of shabby operation they are running!

Stay clear of anything related to IOMART - they suck!
                    They should prorate your refund. You should read over their TOS. Most of the time you can use it against a disgruntled company.
                    http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf

Comment

• xrayhead
                      • Nov 2002

JUST HAVE A READ OF THIS!!

Easy Space web hosting (United Kingdom): 9 reviews, 0 support responses, 0 testimonials, 19 products, 1 promotion, 7 socials, 147 domains, since 2008

My site has been down now for nearly a week and the support number keeps ringing and ringing and ringing!

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by xrayhead
                        JUST HAVE A READ OF THIS!!

Easy Space web hosting (United Kingdom): 9 reviews, 0 support responses, 0 testimonials, 19 products, 1 promotion, 7 socials, 147 domains, since 2008

My site has been down now for nearly a week and the support number keeps ringing and ringing and ringing!
                        You need to get back with Tim Dunton, Globalgold's founder, who now has a new company, Nimbus Hosting.

Sadly he cannot take Globalgold customers "directly" at the moment, however there is a Nimbus reseller you can use:
                        We've the latest solutions for all your hosting requirements.  Our range of products, complete with our team of professionals on-hand to help, ensure you always get the service you need when you need it.

I would get in touch with them as soon as possible.

NOTE: The above is a personal recommendation, not an official recommendation from vBulletin Solutions or Internet Brands.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------

Comment

• xrayhead
                          • Nov 2002

So hang on, the company was sold to iomart.com because it was doing so well! Now all the old Global Gold customers have to suffer because someone got rich from selling a "RECOMMENDED HOSTING"

I have just paid £329 to renew a VPS that is currently only running ONE domain and ONE database and has been offline literally only one week after I paid to renew.

None of this really helps me out dose it??

One thing I will say is most of my user's have now jumped on the Facebook page (as we have no website at present - www.wyedeancanoeclub.co.uk), if this is to become a regular thing with ISP's then I would suggest there days are numbered and it wont be to many years until FACEBOOK will be the preferred choice of the user. Where dose this leave the Hosting company's and software developers if Facebook dose become the preferred choice of communications?

Looking for work I would say....
                          Last edited by xrayhead; Sun 30 Dec '12, 2:33pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by xrayhead
                            So hang on, the company was sold to iomart.com because it was doing so well! Now all the old Global Gold customers have to suffer because someone got rich from selling a "RECOMMENDED HOSTING"

I have just paid £329 to renew a VPS that is currently only running ONE domain and ONE database and has been offline literally only one week after I paid to renew.

None of this really helps me out dose it??

One thing I will say is most of my user's have now jumped on the Facebook page (as we have no website at present - www.wyedeancanoeclub.co.uk), if this is to become a regular thing with ISP's then I would suggest there days are numbered and it wont be to many years until FACEBOOK will be the preferred choice of the user. Where dose this leave the Hosting company's and software developers if Facebook dose become the preferred choice of communications?

Looking for work I would say....
                            I have no idea why GlobalGold was sold...all I have done is given you a personal recommendation as to an alternative supplier if you're not happy.
                            Everything else, you would need to take up with GlobalGold directly, the vBulletin forums aren't really the place to air grievances about this sort of thing.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------

Comment

• xrayhead
                              • Nov 2002

Sorry was no personal attack towards yourself, just really, really pissed off ATM!!

Comment

• Mark.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                • Feb 2004
                                • 6.0.X

Understood.

Incidentally if it's any help, your error is:
                                MySQL Error : Got error 28 from storage engine

So it's disk space basically.
                                MARK.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                ------------

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...