Globalgold - Tim Dunton has left

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gumble
    • Sep 2008

Sad to find so late this thread, got few issues not really big but getting always the same answer on my tickets "It will be available later today" week after week and a often failing ticket management page, made me very unhappy with the last 3/4 months.

Only last night I found this thread since I was waiting for my account to expire and due to some contract agreement I cant sign with Nimbus.

I understand a agreement between companies on a good way, but with the GlobalGold last lack of support and failures last months having this enforced agreement is just pathetic.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Speak to GlobalGold and tell them you want to move to Nimbus, they might allow you...
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Gumble
        • Sep 2008

Someone from GlobalGold call me about my cancellation reason and they know I wanted to move to Nimbus or that was one of the options, I don't speak English so good so I tried to explain the better I could that I was looking for now for a cheaper package, and I was a bit disappointed with the last support that made last months move my own test server and leaving the main forum under other person surveillance.

Maybe I end up mailing them about that, not sure if that is possible, but I also can leave the main domain to my friend care about and I keep my stuff closed on some shared until is ready to launch.

Personally I see this action from GlobalGold as a act to force me to stay where I didn't wanted, and after the call is completely out of question, I like to feel that I can go wherever I want or like and not feel pressure about it, when I manifested my plan to close the account days ago due to financial issues nothing was offered or promised to be reviewed like today, I have been independent for many years and I never acted similar over any competitor, so GG ended losing a lot of points to me.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

The answer is - don't tell either party where you're going to or coming from. They don't NEED to know.

If Globalgold call you and ask you who you are switching to, simply don't tell them.

Or - use a Nimbus reseller, such as http://www.lisltd.co.uk/lis.php. They resell Nimbus services apparently.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Gumble
            • Sep 2008

Mark, one of the reasons was to have Tim or someone skilled making the migration from GG to make sure I would not make any mistake, it was the same procedure and was Tim who I contacted years ago to move from my BH shared service to GG.
            Last edited by Gumble; Thu 3 May '12, 9:37am.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Gumble
              Mark, one of the reasons was to have Tim or someone skilled making the migration from GG to make sure I would not make any mistake, it was the same procedure and was Tim who I contacted years ago to move from my BH shared service to GG.
              I know.

Have you contacted Tim at all?
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------

Comment

• Gumble
                • Sep 2008

Yes, it was him who mailed me about this agreement limitation.

I will moving everything to one of the forum admins it will be is last decision if we move eximiusclan.com to Nimbus, and my own thing will probably return to bluehost, is not ready only got the domains 2 days ago after the .pt domains got released to the public.

Comment

• celios
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Gumble
                  Yes, it was him who mailed me about this agreement limitation.

I will moving everything to one of the forum admins it will be is last decision if we move eximiusclan.com to Nimbus, and my own thing will probably return to bluehost, is not ready only got the domains 2 days ago after the .pt domains got released to the public.
                  I'm in the same boat Gumble. Global Gold must be losing customers in large quantities and they have got some agreement to stop them all moving to Nimbus. I have also been told I can't move to Nimbus (by Tim) and am seeking permission from Global Gold to move away.

The service with Global Gold over the last month has been so bad I'll be moving anyway, if not to Nimbus then elsewhere. Sadly this probably means moving my forum hosting to the US (when the vast majority of users are UK based), but this seems to be the only option left...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

If you put your foot down and demand to be allowed to move to them, then I can't see how they can stop you. It's not like Tim or anyone else at Nimbus has tried to get you to leave them. Ultimately, the customer is King and they will need to respect your wishes...
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• omenator
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 3.6.x

This company is an absolute joke

As part of my continuing ongoing issues with GG since the take over, got an email from Chris Evans (who has posted in this thread) after I spoke to Tim about moving to Nimbus. I explained my reasoning and went into great detail about the problems I was having and why I was looking to move

That was over a month ago now and I haven't even had a courtesy reply from Chris about my ongoing issues, including bank overdraft charges due my old card magically appearing back on their systems after they performed a system backup...which I never even got an apology for.

They have completely messed up my website last night with more "upgrades" to their servers, which is another issue (I have never known a company cause so many server issues in such a short space of time). So I have had to spend the best part of the day trying to resolve the issue myself as you wait hours for a support reply.

I am just going to run down my paid months and jump ship. Unfortunately it will have to be to an American host as their are no good UK hosts left and my memberbase is UK based, but due to GG limitations about leaving my hands are tied

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by omenator
                        This company is an absolute joke

As part of my continuing ongoing issues with GG since the take over, got an email from Chris Evans (who has posted in this thread) after I spoke to Tim about moving to Nimbus. I explained my reasoning and went into great detail about the problems I was having and why I was looking to move

That was over a month ago now and I haven't even had a courtesy reply from Chris about my ongoing issues, including bank overdraft charges due my old card magically appearing back on their systems after they performed a system backup...which I never even got an apology for.

They have completely messed up my website last night with more "upgrades" to their servers, which is another issue (I have never known a company cause so many server issues in such a short space of time). So I have had to spend the best part of the day trying to resolve the issue myself as you wait hours for a support reply.

I am just going to run down my paid months and jump ship. Unfortunately it will have to be to an American host as their are no good UK hosts left and my memberbase is UK based, but due to GG limitations about leaving my hands are tied
                        Try the Nimbus reseller I posted above.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------

Comment

• Gumble
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                          If you put your foot down and demand to be allowed to move to them, then I can't see how they can stop you. It's not like Tim or anyone else at Nimbus has tried to get you to leave them. Ultimately, the customer is King and they will need to respect your wishes...
                          I ended solving that in other way, I will not go into details about that just intended to leave GG in a good way, leaving behind a good feedback, ended leaving a bit frustrated with their action specially calling me after my post here!

Of course my feedback is not the best at all after that.

Comment

• celios
                            • Jul 2010

Are you also victim to the "upgrade" that was performed last night? Can't log into my forum, can't access the database directly and can't FTP to their servers.

Wonderful.

Comment

• omenator
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by celios
                              Are you also victim to the "upgrade" that was performed last night? Can't log into my forum, can't access the database directly and can't FTP to their servers.

Wonderful.
                              Yeah that's the upgrade, they messed up the server big time, users can't login, server time is messed up, throwing up php errors etc... Can't access my emails, databases and FTP either.

Got a standard support reply (with spelling mistakes) and no ETA as to when it will be resolved. Though that doesn't surprise me as its been the 4th time within a month for me.

Have tried the reseller route however I have some needs that they are unable to deal with so need to go direct to the new host to thrash out prices etc.. Can't get any communication going with GG to try and deal with them rationally regarding this, so if anyone has advice but doesn't want to make it public please PM me

Comment

• g4lly
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Yeah that's the upgrade, they messed up the server big time, users can't login, server time is messed up, throwing up php errors etc... Can't access my emails, databases and FTP either.

Got a standard support reply (with spelling mistakes) and no ETA as to when it will be resolved. Though that doesn't surprise me as its been the 4th time within a month for me.

Have tried the reseller route however I have some needs that they are unable to deal with so need to go direct to the new host to thrash out prices etc.. Can't get any communication going with GG to try and deal with them rationally regarding this, so if anyone has advice but doesn't want to make it public please PM me
                                Have had loads of problems recently and my site has been down for a week come tomorrow. It was up briefly today apart from the problems mentioned here:

But now they have moved the IP address of my site without warning so I have to repoint the dns and wait for it to propogate. Really, really fed up with GlobalGold and I guess its time to move.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...