Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryW
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

Had the same issues here. Still can't connect to our database with MySqlDumper today.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Those who are having trouble with GlobalGold and are unable to move to Nimbus should consider going down this route:
      We've the latest solutions for all your hosting requirements.  Our range of products, complete with our team of professionals on-hand to help, ensure you always get the service you need when you need it.

They are a Nimbus reseller. I don't know what their service is like, but if Tim's allowed them to mention the Nimbus name on their site then I can't imagine he'd do that if they weren't any good.

That's the company I'd go with if I were stuck in that position. You can't have your forum going effectively down like this as so many have reported.

Glad I jumped when I did, I have to say.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• omenator
        • Jul 2008
        • 3.6.x

Website has been down most the day, MySQL errors, can't access emails, FTP or databases. Not a single reply or answering their phones since around 12:00pm (GMT). Lost track of the amount of times they have messed up the servers and caused issues for multiple sites (thanks twitter)

Users are now complaining about the complete lack of support and looking for alternatives to my site, going to be trying a couple of things people have PM'd me about and try to get away from this complete joke of a company

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by omenator
          Website has been down most the day, MySQL errors, can't access emails, FTP or databases. Not a single reply or answering their phones since around 12:00pm (GMT). Lost track of the amount of times they have messed up the servers and caused issues for multiple sites (thanks twitter)

Users are now complaining about the complete lack of support and looking for alternatives to my site, going to be trying a couple of things people have PM'd me about and try to get away from this complete joke of a company
          Nimbus is the one to go to, but since you cannot go direct, (as Globalgold customers no longer can), the next best thing is a Nimbus reseller:
          We've the latest solutions for all your hosting requirements.  Our range of products, complete with our team of professionals on-hand to help, ensure you always get the service you need when you need it.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Was speaking to Tim earlier and he's been in touch with one of IOMart's directors regarding the issues...
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Just had Globalgold Accounts on the phone to me regarding a domain that had lapsed and to check whether I knew and whether I still wanted it. The fact that it was transferred to Nimbus last August/September and renewed for 2 years in March this year...

Really do seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment
              Vote for:

Comment

• Bigmuz7
                • Jul 2010
                • 4.1.x

Just got out of the GG night mare and am with Nimbus now .....
                www.plantandconstruction.co.uk

Comment

• cerberuz
                  • May 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Im admin of a site, and we're with GG, had nothing but issues since October, Site falls over most nights just after midnight due to iowait & discswap processes using all cpu and then ram until site goes offline and I have to phone glasgow to ask them to reboot it, You'd have thought that any decent host would have sorted these issues out by now..
                  Last weekend I spent all weekend emailing and asking GG to reboot the vps as it had gone tits up, following that the site was offline for 35hrs, how can they not know the vps has crashed! I also have my own sites, and they are run on three of my own servers, all three servers are pinged every 60 seconds to check they are up, Yet GG, a supposed professional host have no idea if thier sites are up or not!

I've advised the main admin to move asap, but as we've just been offered 4 months free hosting to stay at GG i have a feeling we'll stay, which will have a huge negative effect on the site as the paying members and non paying members alike are looking at alternative sites and unless we move they will leave in their droves.. I moved my own sites from GG last July (and went colocation route), as the site was running slow at the time and I noticed that both Paul & Tim were no longer working for GG..

GG & Iomart's support are a joke!
                  Last edited by cerberuz; Sat 26 May '12, 5:32am.

Comment

• wilczek
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

You really do not ever want to use this service - It is not a service - My site has never been up for more than 2 weeks and support is if you call it that is shocking - My business loses money every single month due to this Global Gold hosting.

Comment

• omenator
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Everything has been offline all day with no communication what so ever

Can't wait to leave this absolutely atrocious company and have a website online that doesn't crash every other day because of their incompetence

Comment

• anenglisheye
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 4.0.x

I did manage to speak to someone at GG support (after not receiving an acknowledgment to my email) they would only say that they were aware of the problem and were working to correct the problem, which they expected to do soon; that was around mid-day.

I had also tried to move to Nimbus last month but foolishly allowed myself to be talked out of it by IM, so am still suffering, but not for much longer, I’m moving – anywhere has to be better that this.

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Again, those who are not being allowed to move to Nimbus can instead move to this Nimbus reseller:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                          Just had Globalgold Accounts on the phone to me regarding a domain that had lapsed and to check whether I knew and whether I still wanted it. The fact that it was transferred to Nimbus last August/September and renewed for 2 years in March this year...

Really do seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment
                          I had an email last week about much the same thing.....incompetence!
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------

Comment

• omenator
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.6.x

My service has been terminated by their side

Apparently an invoice which is due on the 11th June has a cut off date for today (5th June)

That sums up how bad they are, have to try and get this resolved as they've cut off all access so any migration can't go through now

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by omenator
                            My service has been terminated by their side

Apparently an invoice which is due on the 11th June has a cut off date for today (5th June)

That sums up how bad they are, have to try and get this resolved as they've cut off all access so any migration can't go through now
                            Addition to this...a quick IP Reverse shows me that other sites are down as well. That's just down right lies on the side of the support, they haven't terminated my service they've just used it as an excuse which has resulted in me paying a extra months service for no reason.

All this is being noted in an email going to someone higher up at iomart

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Any other ex-customers just get another mail from them today?
                              Vote for:

Comment

• Mark.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                • Feb 2004
                                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                                Any other ex-customers just get another mail from them today?
                                Yes, something about Bing advertising.

Wish they'd leave me alone now.
                                MARK.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                ------------

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...