Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

I may be making a switch as well....
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• wii
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.8.x

Do it, you won't regret it

Originally posted by HMBeaty
      I may be making a switch as well....

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

I've now moved a few sites over from GG to Nimbus and set a new one up there also. Tim handled the migration of the sites for me (too busy dealing with you lot to do it myself! ) and had no downtime - very smoothly handled. Server hasn't even hic-cuped let along coughed and spluttered since the move either, despite being the same comparative package as I was on at GG and me now having more traffic than I had thanks to the new site.

Sad to leave GG as they were good to me through my time there but already seeing the benefits of the move over - no hesitation in recommending Nimbus to anyonle looking for a new server.

EDIT: To clarify, this is not an official vBulletin recommendation but a personal one...
        Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Fri 26 Aug '11, 3:10am.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MrAbc
          • Jan 2009

I was with globalgold and my site went down a few times recently during peak hours. I looked around for solutions. After found out that Tim moved to nimbushosting, I decided that I would move to nimbusthosting after my contract with globalgold ended. I sent Tim an email and Tim gave me a deal that I could not refuse , so I decided to move right away.

The migration was done 2 days ago. It went smoothly. The site is faster than before (it has ~17K-18K visits daily). I highly recommend nimbushosting. By the way, Tim works from early morning till late night!

Comment

• alemcherry
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Server hasn't even hic-cuped let along coughed and spluttered since the move either, despite being the same comparative package as I was on at GG and me now having more traffic than I had thanks to the new site.
            Still early days, they must be having less number of sites on server, which could change
            Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• Gizmo99
              • Feb 2002
              • 5.5.x

We too are in talks on a move

Tim is still the man

Giz
              http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk

Comment

• pvo_dave
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by alemcherry
                Still early days, they must be having less number of sites on server, which could change
                I did talk to Tim about that before we made the move, he advised that they use xen virtualisation that allocates the usage, so unlike traditional shared hosting or virtualisation it's impossible to over sell hardware

To quote a bit of Giz's post below, Tim is also the man when it comes to forum hosting, we've been with several hosts before, none have understood how to get VB running as well!

Comment

• AdrianH
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by alemcherry
                  no Tim doesn't do shared hosting, it's VPS , Cloud or Dedicated.

Comment

• charlesr
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4.2.X

I moved over the last few days (or rather Tim's team moved it all for me).

The customer service with GG was good in terms of response time and willingness to try and solve my issues, but eventually I think it just came down to slow disc access combined with a lack of understanding of how VB4 upgrades you to innoDB tables on the sly, that made the GG server fall over all the time.

Since moving to Tim's, my vb4 site is much faster and I can turn search back on again... So far so good, with lots of attention to detail on the support side at the start.
                    http://www.bordersdown.net - 10 years of videogame reviews and chat

Comment

• Ath3na
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 4.1.x

Well after reading all the positive things about NimbusHosting and Tim on this thread I decided I would give them a try. I phoned their support number and spoke to Tim. He was very helpful. I even dropped him an email half an hour ago expecting him to email me back tomorrow. I got a reply a minute later!

Very good customer service from this place. Will let you know how I get on but if performance is anything like customer service it should be spot on

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Ath3na
                        Well after reading all the positive things about NimbusHosting and Tim on this thread I decided I would give them a try. I phoned their support number and spoke to Tim. He was very helpful. I even dropped him an email half an hour ago expecting him to email me back tomorrow. I got a reply a minute later!

Very good customer service from this place. Will let you know how I get on but if performance is anything like customer service it should be spot on
                        It will be......
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Poppet25
                          • May 2007
                          • 4.2.X

I have been in touch with Tim too, very quick email response. Waiting to see what he recommends...

Comment

• Poppet25
                            • May 2007
                            • 4.2.X

All moved over, very impressed and the site is working well. Would highly recommend Tim for your vBulletin hosting. We've gone from a dedicated server to a VPS, and it's working great.

Comment

• crn01
                              • Dec 2009

I was a Global Gold client.
                              The Global Gold service used to be great. The move to them was smooth and professional (thanks to Tim’s management). The tech support service was efficient, courteous and fast.

More recently Global Gold’s service slowed down, the site dropped connection and we had reason to call for tech support. The terse response was disheartening. We then had to call again, because of issues with the server and once again the response was short and the support was non existent.

I started looking around, last week.... i saw this thread..... I contacted Nimbus Hosting by email one evening, Next morning, way before 9am I was speaking to TIM and the new account was setup.

On the agreed date, Chris moved the sites over, sorted a couple of issues. - FOUND THE MAIN ISSUES ON THE GLOBAL GOLD SITE AND RESOLVED THAT ;-)

And further supported us after the migration fixing issues related to the VB system & installed mods.

This is our second move of VBulletin Sites, (we have several), under the guidance of Tim, I recommend his organisation and their services.

I am now a Nimbus Hosting Client.

Comment

• Weetabix
                                • May 2007
                                • 3.6.x

I'm another happy GlobalGold to Nimbus customer. The migration was seamless (cheers Chris), and absolutely everything was done for me even the paths in htaccess files. I'm VERY impressed with these guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...