• Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

why not godaddy what is wrong with them

Comment

• markwein
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hawk2
      why not godaddy what is wrong with them
      I started on shared hosting with them and while I didn't realize how slow my forum was running until I jumped to a dedicated server the biggest issue was that I was having constant database errors and when my forum got big enough the database got too large to backup from their control panel. I tried their VPS package and that didn't go well either. I needed some things installed by a third party for a video hosting site I was planning on running but we couldn't get shell access for to install certain components (and GoDaddy wouldn't update for me) and so I just went dedicated with another company. Not having to work with their control panels has been the best thing I think.
      MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• Hawk2
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.1.x

what company did you go with

Comment

• markwein
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hawk2
          what company did you go with
          these guys on recommendation from a friend: http://www.serverbeach.com/

The only thing is that I needed his help to get the server set up and he did it without anything like cPanel so I had to learn some basic Linux commands...still worth it but a little labor intensive. They probably have simpler solutions though....just depends on the size of your site and if you think the expense is worth it. For me it was because it is part of the marketing for a brick and mortar music school.
          MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• pandoros
            • Jul 2006

I am currently with go daddy, I only pay 89$/yr for 150gb on a shared server. However the slow down is sooo great that I will be moving it all to a dedicated server with another company.
            ~The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend~

Comment

• TonnyF
              • Jun 2011

I'd chose neither of the mentioned companies.
              They are too big to take a good care of their customers.

Comment

• bposnernetformx
                • Jul 2010
                • 4.0.x

I've used Hostmonster for years for VB sites. Support is pretty good, chat/phone/email standard Cpanel. For small to mid size sites I've been real happy compared to other hosting sites I've used. Perfect? no, of course not, but they do a very good job and are very responsive. I have no real experience with the two hosting services that are the subject of this thread. This is just my personal experience with the company.

Comment

• alemcherry
                  • Jun 2006

Hostgator is a far better option for shared hosting. Good customer support is one big advantage with HG also they use cPanel vs godaddy's own control panel.
                  Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...