• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbwuk
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

UK hosting for VB4

Hi guys,

so ive had a good read through but im still undecided.

Im starting up a site running vB4 CMS and an eCommerce script for a business.

I currently have sites on a fastnext.com shared package (starter linux).

Ive been looking at VPS servers (used to have one with VPS.net which i found excellent). Im struggling to decide which one to go for. Ive looked at linode, thrustvps, vps247, vps.net. Id want it to be uk based and also have some sort of control panel without high costs.

Would i need a VPS to start off or would my shared hosting handle it for now? If i kept the shared it would save me a bit of money to get the licence etc.

any help appreciated

Jon
  • punchbowl
    • Nov 2006
    • 4.0.x

I've a site on linode. I love them but there isn't a real control panel (plesk/cpanel) preinstalled so you'd have to do that. I used to have an account with globalgold - they are uk based and experienced with vbulletin and have vps so are worth checking out.

Comment

• jbwuk
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks alot =)

Ive been having at look at http://www.urljet.com/vbulletin-hosting.php, what i cant figure out is, is there a control panel like plesk or cpanel?

Also can i host something like zencart on the back of the forum with the package?

Comment

• Alex@MK3OC
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.2.X

I host with Global gold and and found them to be very helpful and the VPS they offre are very reasonably priced

Comment

• ryan1918
          • Jun 2010

I would start off with shared until it grows or you want to pay that money, you will save at least 50% of your money doing this..

Comment

• Shamil.
            • Feb 2008
            • 4.2.X

I'd go with GlobalGold, in the UK.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

I'm with GlobalGold on VPS and can only talk about them and their support (if I've needed it) in positive terms.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

I'm with Globalgold too, went with them in March 2009 after a succession of dodgy hosts. Globalgold are fantastic.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• LouisB
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 4.0.x

I've been thinking about going with GlobalGold. What packages are you on? I was thinking about going on vb400. Do you know what type of limits they have? I'm with HostGator now, and they only allow certain amount of emails per hour etc. I can't seem find anything about email limits on their site.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by LouisB
                    I've been thinking about going with GlobalGold. What packages are you on? I was thinking about going on vb400. Do you know what type of limits they have? I'm with HostGator now, and they only allow certain amount of emails per hour etc. I can't seem find anything about email limits on their site.
                    Drop them an email with your requirements, they will get back to you pretty quickly.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

I'm on VPS Rapide package. If you go to their main site, you'll be able to speak to one of the team on their live chat system at the top of the page.
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...