X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DieselTruck
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.0.x

Hostgator VPS vs ServInt VPS

Hostgator VPS vs ServInt VPS? Which one wins?
    Looking at each page, it seems Hostgator has the better deal for the VPS servers?

I was looking at Essential VPS and other options. Even thought about a dedicated unit, but I don't quite think I'm there yet.
  • ryan1918
    • Jun 2010

I wish people would understand pricing more or less, for example either of them are overpriced for what you can get.

Example, hostgator's $209.95 package is 50% less than you could get a server for..

Like, you could get a full high end dedicated server for that price, not a virtual server, So instead of you getting what you should be getting, your getting 10-20% of a server, If you think just because your going with them your getting something that is better, that's far from the truth, all there dedicated servers are from another company they resell softlayer's network which has been very bad lately due to 100tb overloading the network.

I don't know exactly what your trying to pay, but even if your going to spend $100 a month you can get a lower end server($170-250 a high end server) which is at least 5-10x faster than a vps would be, and you have full control over the server, you have less problems you can incur, you have root access(vps does too but 10 other people do on the server), you get more ip addresses, you have just so much more control because you can do more things on it, and the biggest thing is, you will get more RAM/CPU on a full dedicated server unlike a vps.

Comment

• marbas
      • May 2011

I guess they are both good. You can use any of this VPS.
      But for me Hostgator VPS is better than any.

Comment

• marbas
        • May 2011

This

This would actually depend on how you would want it to be use. There are some services in hostgator and some from servInt that are both good, it really depends on where you are comfortable in using. But if you would ask me, Hostgator VPS would be great,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...