X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WichitaRacing
    • Sep 2003
    • 3.6.x

hytekhosting vs. godaddy, etc.

I'm currently with hytekhosting and have been with them for years, so I really have nothing to compare them against. I'm trying to save some money, and I currently have their Featured plan which is 4GB storage, 80GB bandwidth, $10/mo. Their next one down is the Basic which is 2GB/30GB/$5 but looking at my traffic I need just bit more than 30GB bandwidth.

I happened accross godaddy's plans and saw that $5/mo gets me 10GB storage and "unlimited" bandwidth. Well that sounds like a heck of a deal, but I'm not keen on how to tell if one host vs. another would have better/worse performance for my site.

I have 1 vbulletin forum, and my database is about 700MB. I usually have fewer than 50 users online at once, average 20 new threads and 225 posts per day. Just over 10,000 registered users and just under a million posts.

I just used godaddy as an example, I don't have my heart set on them or anything.

What do you guys think?

Hytekhosting plans: http://www.hytekhosting.com/plans.html

Godaddy plans: http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=8971
    Last edited by WichitaRacing; Wed 15 Dec '10, 10:45am.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

I've never heard of Hytekhosting (not a good sign)
    and I'd rather drive off a cliff than suggest godaddy for hosting
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• WichitaRacing
      • Sep 2003
      • 3.6.x

I first heard of hytekhosting here. Joshs worked for them, but I see he hasnt been on for a while.

Comment

• Abomination
        • Jul 2008

There is not a lot of room to save $ if you are paying $10/M, you could probably go somewhere and pre-pay for a year for $5/M, but the difference is $5/M... and if you are happy where you are at, I would probably try other approaches than to switch hosting providers. Ask for donations, ads of some type, save on personal spending. Although I do realize many are already doing all those things.

Comment

• deatheyes
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.6.x

Go a cheap vps !
          Optimize your website
          Cool Wallpaper
          All Android Rom

Comment

• ryan1918
            • Jun 2010

Stay away from godaddy, don't even consider them!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...