Want to share a CoLocated SERVER?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrispadfield
    • Aug 2000

Well as i use dialtoneinternet i will let you know what i think!

Yeah, i have found them to be pretty good. They are certainly the cheapest. Free ips is good if you can ever get their automated system (which they keep on changing) to work, so far i havn't.

they recently upped their transfer to 75GB which is nice. There online control panel is "pants" at best. Also, not sure if others have this problem but i could not set up emails like [email protected] and [email protected] and had to change to qmail to do this (i need individual pop3 boxes like this).

Support is good but not brilliant, they eventually answer and are especially good in first month.

I am interested to find out what they wil charge about upgrades. I only have 64MB ram which is going to have to change so will get back to you on that!
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
      I am currently with digitalNATION (ie Verio) and am very pleased with their servers. In fact this site and vbulletin.org are both hosted by dN as well. I think they have the best value for the money.

A close second choice is RackSpace. If you need good customer service, they have the best. DellHost is nice because I think the hardware is top quality, but I'll never sign a 12 month contract for a server.

-Chris
      yep i am on Rackspace and the service and support is great... it's pricey but if you're like me and don't have the server admin knowledge but want to play around with the server, it's best to have good support to sweep up any serious mess I make...

then again, Chris here has helped me even more on mysql/server matters
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• thefenixboy
        • Aug 2000

Shared / Dedicated

¡Hello!

My site is new, but the idea sound well.

I pay $55.00 to Vserver for the lite plan.
        Only 100MB and less if you install mysql and perl5 and other scripts as the logs.

In the server, we are 83 websites.

I calculate the amount of $55.00 and see some dedicated server and im interesting.

With only 7 people with "regular" website, i can pay $54.00 and only we are the owners.

Then, we have 1.2GB for everyone... or less with the software, mysql, php, perl, etc.

The only problem i found, is the following:

1. Who care of the server, installation, maintenace, support, and monitor the server?

2. Who setup, configure, and work the 7 websites, and distribute the disk, resources, virtual hosting (because we are in "virtual hosting" the only chang is that we are the owners of the server, and only share the server between us.)

3. If some fails, or the sites crash or something happend then??????

Im interesting, but i want to know, if we go to the desert of no support, or to the heaven of shared dedicated.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• thefenixboy
          • Aug 2000

Look this...

DIGITAL NATION

Your PC linux Standard 1 Dedicated Serverâ„¢
          Hardware/CPU: Pentium III 550MHz
          RAM: 128 Mb
          Drive 1: 9 Gb SCSI
          Drive 2: none
          Drive 3: none
          Drive 4: none
          Tape Back-Up: none
          IP Addresses: 2
          Webserver: Apache
          Start Up Cost: $250
          Monthly Cost: $375

Sorry, the page you visited does not exist or is missing. Please re-enter or return to the homepage.

Comment

• nick4753
            • Sep 2000

I work for a hosting company.. I could provide colocation quite cheap.. $200 for 150k/sec bandwith would be good.. we can also provide dedicated servers.. just email my boss, [email protected] and ask for information (our website is nozone.net, but since we are not yet offering colocation to everyone at the moment, you need to request it)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...