*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.*Sebaldus*™´¨)

Are you on Twitter? @sebaldus

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

That is shared hosting, though, and their home site seems awful slow. ServInt is the best I have found for VPS.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• syrus.xl
        • Jun 2005

You should take a look at what www.urljet.com offers for your money, not just in hosting packages either. They provide you with managed vBulletin hosting, so no more trying to upgrade vBulletin, they do it for you free of charge. You also get hourly backups, not daily or weekly like most other hosting companies, then on top of that their support is second to none. Someone recently mentioned on here how fast their vBulletin was installed, in less than 12 minutes from when they submitted a ticket.

Forget your forum running slow on Apache servers, URLJet only provide you with LiteSpeed which is a huge speed increase - here's a link showing the differences just in the server software used. They also provide PHP acceleration as standard.

You will find many people recommending this company simply because once you go with them, you wish you had made the moves ages ago. They may not be cheap, but then you get what you pay for these days.

All the best!

Comment

• Boofo
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by syrus.xl
          You should take a look at what www.urljet.com offers for your money, not just in hosting packages either. They provide you with managed vBulletin hosting, so no more trying to upgrade vBulletin, they do it for you free of charge. You also get hourly backups, not daily or weekly like most other hosting companies, then on top of that their support is second to none. Someone recently mentioned on here how fast their vBulletin was installed, in less than 12 minutes from when they submitted a ticket.

Forget your forum running slow on Apache servers, URLJet only provide you with LiteSpeed which is a huge speed increase - here's a link showing the differences just in the server software used. They also provide PHP acceleration as standard.

You will find many people recommending this company simply because once you go with them, you wish you had made the moves ages ago. They may not be cheap, but then you get what you pay for these days.

All the best!
          I looked at them before I decided on ServInt and they are way too expensive for us common people.
          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• aussiefooty
            • Nov 2008
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by sundarmobiles
            »Stats
            Members: 66,326
            Threads: 20,796
            Currently Active Users: 191 (8 members and 165 guests and 18 Spiders)

using sharedhosting only dont get any crashed and database error some times slow sometimes getting database error from other user thru mail in datastore table is this enough or pls suggest me
            Best service & affordable prices for managed web hosting with 17 years of experience.

It's got a shared hosting option.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• GregUURL
              • May 2010
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Boofo
              I looked at them before I decided on ServInt and they are way too expensive for us common people.
              heyhey, we all come from that mold. Server packages are a mater of priorities.

If you were to factor in the backups, the software package and support...I'm pretty sure you'd find the urljet package isn't that expensive
              Greg
              www.urljet.com

Comment

• Boofo
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by GregUURL
                heyhey, we all come from that mold. Server packages are a mater of priorities.

If you were to factor in the backups, the software package and support...I'm pretty sure you'd find the urljet package isn't that expensive
                True, but as I don't get any help with the costs of maintaining the site, the cost factor is what I have to consider. As far as the software and support, I can handle most things myself with vb.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by syrus.xl

All the best!
                  For the past handful or so of months I had no problems with them. Up until a few weeks ago.

I went to pay my bill but it says I didn't exist. So I tried a password reset, it again couldn't find my account.

My site was running fine while all this was happening.

In the past if I ran a few days past due I would get a past due notice. This time I didn't. (I was normally not past due except like once or twice and even then paid it no problem.)

I knew I was in the past due time frame and for the past 2 weeks had been talking with them. To this date the problem has not been fixed.

My account/website automatically went into suspension because of non-payment which I couldn't make because I don't exist. :/

They still haven't figured out the problem. Even password resets they have done aren't working. They tried it themselves and confirmed the issue. Its been a nightmare.

The hosting was good. But this issue has really soured me. I can't access my account, can't make payment because of it, and no I didn't change anything to cause any problems. Because of it my site is now suspended, a fee has now been attached to the account if I want it re-activated (they may waive that if I ask because I have been trying to pay since its due date should this ever get resolved), and my forum is suffering now because this. Unhappy? Yeah, you could say that.

Comment

• GregUURL
                    • May 2010
                    • 4.0.x

Hi White Tiger...There will be no late charges....It seems to be some sort of bug in the WHMCS hosting software we use.

We have Tickets on file with WHMCS but have not found a solution yet.
                    I assure you that we are attempting to resolve this issue ASAP and though I know its of little consolation in this instance, apologize
                    for the inconvenience.
                    Greg
                    www.urljet.com

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by GregUURL
                      Hi White Tiger...There will be no late charges....It seems to be some sort of bug in the WHMCS hosting software we use.

We have Tickets on file with WHMCS but have not found a solution yet.
                      I assure you that we are attempting to resolve this issue ASAP and though I know its of little consolation in this instance, apologize
                      for the inconvenience.
                      I believe you and understand that. And I've even told my members on another forum you guys are trying to resolve the problem.

But the problem now becomes mine too. Because the longer the forum is suspended, the more impatient they grow. The longer things are down for me, the more likely some or even many may not return. This is killing my forum. Possibly hurting it beyond repair the longer it's down. They are looking at me to figure something out. And soon. Thus why I'm growing more unhappy as time goes on. I understand you all are working on it and I appreciate that, I do. But at the same time things are growing progressively worse for my forum the longer it's down and for me. :/

The worst part of all this is that I was trying to make the payment on time and still got punished for it by the system, even though I know its not your fault and is a software issue.
                      Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Sun 14 Nov '10, 7:26am.

Comment

• Abomination
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
                        I believe you and understand that. And I've even told my members on another forum you guys are trying to resolve the problem.

But the problem now becomes mine too. Because the longer the forum is suspended, the more impatient they grow. The longer things are down for me, the more likely some or even many may not return. This is killing my forum. Possibly hurting it beyond repair the longer it's down. They are looking at me to figure something out. And soon. Thus why I'm growing more unhappy as time goes on. I understand you all are working on it and I appreciate that, I do. But at the same time things are growing progressively worse for my forum the longer it's down and for me. :/

The worst part of all this is that I was trying to make the payment on time and still got punished for it by the system, even though I know its not your fault and is a software issue.
                        I would call them (if possible), I did several months ago and the owner answered. He seemed like a reasonable person.

Your situation is well beyond 'not acceptable'.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Abomination
                          I would call them (if possible), I did several months ago and the owner answered. He seemed like a reasonable person.

Your situation is well beyond 'not acceptable'.
                          They have been good to me before and I have no reason to doubt otherwise right now. The issue is software related it seems. They can see my account on their end, but the software isn't recognizing me. I go to log in and it says it's the wrong info. I go to reset my password and it says I don't exist. I tried making my payment on time. But because the issue of it getting fixed dragged on, the software took over and suspended my account and thus my forum. I've been trying to communicate to my members the issue. Hopefully it can get resolved soon. But no doubt, my forum has suffered because of this. :/ It will no doubt take awhile to try and repair the damage that has been done.

Comment

• Boofo
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 4.1.x

They have been good to me before and I have no reason to doubt otherwise right now. The issue is software related it seems. They can see my account on their end, but the software isn't recognizing me. I go to log in and it says it's the wrong info. I go to reset my password and it says I don't exist. I tried making my payment on time. But because the issue of it getting fixed dragged on, the software took over and suspended my account and thus my forum. I've been trying to communicate to my members the issue. Hopefully it can get resolved soon. But no doubt, my forum has suffered because of this. :/ It will no doubt take awhile to try and repair the damage that has been done.
                            Software issue or not, this should have been taken care of way before now. There are ways around it but it sounds like their tech support is a little misguided. I would look for other hosting as this may pop up for you again eventually.

Comment

• wat3v3r
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 3.8.x

For the past handful or so of months I had no problems with them. Up until a few weeks ago.

I went to pay my bill but it says I didn't exist. So I tried a password reset, it again couldn't find my account.

My site was running fine while all this was happening.

In the past if I ran a few days past due I would get a past due notice. This time I didn't. (I was normally not past due except like once or twice and even then paid it no problem.)

I knew I was in the past due time frame and for the past 2 weeks had been talking with them. To this date the problem has not been fixed.

My account/website automatically went into suspension because of non-payment which I couldn't make because I don't exist. :/

They still haven't figured out the problem. Even password resets they have done aren't working. They tried it themselves and confirmed the issue. Its been a nightmare.

The hosting was good. But this issue has really soured me. I can't access my account, can't make payment because of it, and no I didn't change anything to cause any problems. Because of it my site is now suspended, a fee has now been attached to the account if I want it re-activated (they may waive that if I ask because I have been trying to pay since its due date should this ever get resolved), and my forum is suffering now because this. Unhappy? Yeah, you could say that.
                              There is just no other word for this but this is purely Highly Unprofessional, after reading all the good reviews of them. Why should a client suffer because of their incompetence in setting their scripts up.

Did they offer you some credit or money back for such a long overhaul of downtime?? I would've posted a lengthy review about this on WHT and you will see many more hosting companies agree on how unprofessional this situation is.

The servers being good and all is good (that is expected as they charge fairly more than other competitors to be honest) but if the support and sales is like that, i won't bother hosting with them. My users will go away, my google page rank will fall, and my ad revenues will suffer largely :/

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 5.1.x

Originally posted by wat3v3r
                                There is just no other word for this but this is purely Highly Unprofessional, after reading all the good reviews of them. Why should a client suffer because of their incompetence in setting their scripts up.

Did they offer you some credit or money back for such a long overhaul of downtime?? I would've posted a lengthy review about this on WHT and you will see many more hosting companies agree on how unprofessional this situation is.

The servers being good and all is good (that is expected as they charge fairly more than other competitors to be honest) but if the support and sales is like that, i won't bother hosting with them. My users will go away, my google page rank will fall, and my ad revenues will suffer largely :/
                                Like Greg above stated I wouldn't be charged the late fee. And I'm positive I'll get some sort of credit. The million dollar question though is when this will get fixed. That is the part that is worrying me. :/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...