Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.J.
    • Sep 2000

High Traffic Board on Shared Server?

I have read the discussion about running VB on a shared server. I would like to hear from anyone with a high-traffic board (high number of members/posts). I know that it will vary from host to host but I am just interested to hear if there is anyone out there with a high volume board who is coping well on a shared server.
  • Susan
    • May 2000

It depends on what you call a high traffic board. We have about 5000 members with an average of 30 on the boards at any given time (I've seen as few as 8 and as many as 60). Up until we did a prune of the database, we had 50k posts and the only problems we've had on our current host have been when OTHER sites on our server were using too many resources.

That being said, the traditional shared server didn't work for us. We bounced from host to host for awhile before landing at Vservers in a "semi-dedicated" environment. This is totally managed for us, and costs $250 a month.

Hope this helps,

Susan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...