X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal_
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Always Fast with vBulletin Hosts?

I'm currently with a host that moved to CloudLinux and it seems detrimental. I'm not sure if upgrading to 4.0.4PL1 or waiting for 4.0.5 will fix the issue but my site is so slow I'm seriously considering finding another hosting company that will run vbulletin fast.

What hosting companies do you use that are always operating your vBulletin site fast? I need to find some options. Thank you.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

I hear good things about urljet.com
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Eternal_
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I found this site:

I'm considering going with iPage. They use vdeck, not cpanel, anyone know anything about this?

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

The web control panel has nothing to do with server speed. They lost me at "unlimited bandwidth, disk space and email".

Comment

• syrus.xl
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Eternal_
          I'm currently with a host that moved to CloudLinux and it seems detrimental. I'm not sure if upgrading to 4.0.4PL1 or waiting for 4.0.5 will fix the issue but my site is so slow I'm seriously considering finding another hosting company that will run vbulletin fast.

What hosting companies do you use that are always operating your vBulletin site fast? I need to find some options. Thank you.
          If you want vBulletin to run faster, then have a look at www.urljet.com - they do not use standard Apache on their servers, you will see only LiteSpeed which gives vBulletin a huge boost that you will notice straight away. Here you can see the benchmarks in differences between Apache and LiteSpeed: http://www.litespeedtech.com/perform...enchmarks.html

HTH

Comment

• Jedito
            • May 2001

Originally posted by Eternal_

Cloudlinux is a good concept, however, if the limits are set too low for each user, you may end running out of CPU and RAM, which will affect to your site performance.
            Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
            LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...