Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramirogz
    • Dec 2009

Host recommendation

I recently moved from phpbb to the CMS 4.0 using a siteground shared hosting service. The site was suspended a couple of times when we switched due to excessive resource usage, so we were forced to switch to a VPS by siteground if we wanted to continue, now we pay $99 per month for a cloud account (similar to VPS) when we were paying $5-7 per month, which we think it's quite a leap.

Can anyone recommend a good hosting provider that is not that expensive and fits our needs? we are looking for good support since none of us are very skilled in the server administration.

Some stats:
    2,100 users
    traffic: 35 GB per month
    approx 1,000 visits per day according to webalizer
    DB size is approx 168 MB

is there any more info needed?

Thanks in advance
  • Abomination
    • Jul 2008

Ours is about 3/4 that size. ServInt.net works for us, the smallest package for $49/m. Of course we are using v3.8 so I'm not sure how that would compare.

Great service though!

Comment

• Harv
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.1.x

Check out urljet, I've never been so impressed with service.

(I'm just a customer and this is not an affiliate link) http://www.urljet.com

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

URLJet, ServInt, StartLogic and Global Gold are all the popular hosts now-a-days. Click each hosters name to go to their website.
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• eUKhost.com
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ramirogz
          I recently moved from phpbb to the CMS 4.0 using a siteground shared hosting service. The site was suspended a couple of times when we switched due to excessive resource usage, so we were forced to switch to a VPS by siteground if we wanted to continue, now we pay $99 per month for a cloud account (similar to VPS) when we were paying $5-7 per month, which we think it's quite a leap.

Can anyone recommend a good hosting provider that is not that expensive and fits our needs? we are looking for good support since none of us are very skilled in the server administration.

Some stats:
          2,100 users
          traffic: 35 GB per month
          approx 1,000 visits per day according to webalizer
          DB size is approx 168 MB

is there any more info needed?

Thanks in advance
          Perhaps you can switch to cheaper VPS option. Virtuozzo VPS would be a good option to start with. Depending on the provider you choose, you will get a entry level VPS at $20-30 per month.
          Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
          Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• syrus.xl
            • Jun 2005

All I can say is try www.urljet.com first, before any other host. If your not savvy with vBulletin then this company will do everything for you. They may not be the cheapest around, but you will find their dedicated vBulletin support second to none. They do not use Apache servers, instead they give you LiteSpeed on any of their packages which is a drastic improvement in speed. PHP acceleration is available if you need it, they will migrate, upgrade and install modifications mostly for free. They optimize their servers for vBulletin, so you are in a win on win solution. Backups are done hourly, unlike other hosts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...