Clear All
  • synfist
    • Mar 2010

Which Hosting to choose - Please Help

Hi ,

I am planning to buy vBulletin Suite.
    I will be hosting a Discussion forum .

I need shared hosting service, which can support at least 100 users online

I was planning to go for blue host . But i have read couple of review in this forum, that its not good

Can any one suggest me a good hosting server. I want something in the same price range as that of blue host
  • darren1981
    • Oct 2007
    • 4.0.x

Hi mate,

I am using hostgator an am very impressed, they really have picked up there game of late, and always use the latest version of Cpanel, we have a vbulletin hosting review guide on our site: vbulletin 4 styles

Comment

• syrus.xl
      • Jun 2005

Hostgator!! They are receiving that many bad reviews lately over on TAZ, with regards to server loads and bad support. If it is only hosting you want then yes, go to Hostgator, but if you want a company that sells a piece of mind, their knowledge and unsurpassed service and support, with hosting just being a commodity! - then look no further than www.urljet.com - A dedicated vbulletin company, free installs and free upgrades on high-speed servers.

Oh, Hostgator give you "Unlimited" websites - like anyone will believe that statement. Any company that states "Unlimited" means one thing, they are over-selling.

However, URLJet cannot give you things like high-server loads, slow page renders or even bad support - you would need to look elsewhere for that! Sorry..

What more could you want?
      Last edited by syrus.xl; Thu 11 Mar '10, 5:21am.

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

Originally posted by syrus.xl
        Hostgator!! They are receiving that many bad reviews lately over on TAZ, with regards to server loads and bad support. If it is only hosting you want then yes, go to Hostgator, but if you want a company that sells a piece of mind, their knowledge and unsurpassed service and support, with hosting just being a commodity! - then look no further than www.urljet.com - A dedicated vbulletin company, free installs and free upgrades on high-speed servers.

Oh, Hostgator give you "Unlimited" websites - like anyone will believe that statement. Any company that states "Unlimited" means one thing, they are over-selling.

However, URLJet cannot give you things like high-server loads, slow page renders or even bad support - you would need to look elsewhere for that! Sorry..

What more could you want?
        Just a quick question here? I'm gathering by your review of URLJet, that your vBulletin site is hosted with them also? If so, I just clicked your forum link and it took a while for your site to load-up. Not exactly what I would a call lightening speeds if you are with URLJet!

Comment

• alemcherry
          • Jun 2006

URLJet is good, but not the cheapest. For a new site, hostgator is not a bad idea. 100 users online might be too much for shared hosting, but trust me - it will take some time before you reach there!
          Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• CK
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

I would recommend Vidahost.

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

I would suggest looking at a forum for hosting, like webhostingtalk.com
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
                Just a quick question here? I'm gathering by your review of URLJet, that your vBulletin site is hosted with them also? If so, I just clicked your forum link and it took a while for your site to load-up. Not exactly what I would a call lightening speeds if you are with URLJet!
                It is most likely that their R1 Backup system is hogging the resources and crashing the server.

I use URLJet and have had no issues whatsoever with my forum. Go for them if you have the money.
                That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Jain Farstrider
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 4.2.X

Inmotion is a very good host to go to, check them out.

Comment

• JamesAB
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                    It is most likely that their R1 Backup system is hogging the resources and crashing the server.

I use URLJet and have had no issues whatsoever with my forum. Go for them if you have the money.
                    This is the second time I tried to visit your site and both times the site was incredibly slow. This time, according to YSlow it took over 22 seconds for the page to load. Why do you keep recommending URLjet if they have problems with speed and as you said, "...their R1 Backup system is hogging the resources and crashing the server".

Does anyone have a site hosted with URLjet that loads faster or doesn't suffer from problems with their R1Soft backups?
                    If you read it online, it must be true.

Comment

• syrus.xl
                      • Jun 2005

My site is probably slow to some people... If I disabled all external javascript and flash that I currently have on demonstration you would see a very big difference. Just because a site is slow does not mean the server is slow, if external js is involved then your browser will be making numerous calls. I have parallelized downloads enabled on my site to use full browser capabilities, using multiple domains. Perhaps, I should enable a default style and you would see the difference.

Try it now and select the "Test Only" style...

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JamesAB
                        This is the second time I tried to visit your site and both times the site was incredibly slow. This time, according to YSlow it took over 22 seconds for the page to load. Why do you keep recommending URLjet if they have problems with speed and as you said, "...their R1 Backup system is hogging the resources and crashing the server".
                        I have a super fast broadband and don't have such problems with the slow r1soft backup. your isp is probably crap and you feel the reprecussions of such slowness.
                        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• JamesAB
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                          I have a super fast broadband and don't have such problems with the slow r1soft backup. your isp is probably crap and you feel the reprecussions of such slowness.
                          Now I remember why I avoid this forum. There's so much misinformation. A person's ISP and a hosting company's implementation of R1Soft for backups could each effect the overall responsiveness of a site, but the two are COMPLETELY unrelated.

Homeworld'sa, if you honestly think that your broadband connection has anything to do with R1Soft backups at URLjet, you have been seriously misinformed. And no, my ISP is not "probably crap" as you suggested.

To the original poster, I wish you the best of luck finding a new host.

I'll be leaving this thread now.

Thanks,
                          James
                          If you read it online, it must be true.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JamesAB
                            Homeworld'sa, if you honestly think that your broadband connection has anything to do with R1Soft backups at URLjet, you have been seriously misinformed. And no, my ISP is not "probably crap" as you suggested.
                            I know it doesn't. But faster connections = less problems.
                            If you can't access my site, tough luck to you, get a better isp. My ISP is the best in the UK.

Comment

• globecodds
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4.1.x

URLJet is the dogs ********, just moved from my old host and its amazing, support is 2nd to none!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...