Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afreelan
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

I am using the $8/month unlimited hosting from hostgator. I knew that I would have to upgrade once I got any real traffic, but the idea was to start out slowly. That was the idea, until Friday when the site owner mentioned us on the BS Report (ESPN/Bill Simmons' podcast), and Simmons plugged us on Twitter. Soon after I had 2200 users online at one time. I didn't have a single problem. No DB errors, no slow down, nothing. We've been plugging away ever since at 300-400 users online at any given time. Still no problems. Not one. I realize that my DB isn't the size of most of yours and that very soon I will have to go to vps, but for anyone just starting out I would HIGHLY recommend hostgator.

Comment

• Micronichos
      • Jun 2010

I'm very happy with Servint Essential VPS :-)
      I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

• Abomination
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by afreelan
        I am using the $8/month unlimited hosting from hostgator. I knew that I would have to upgrade once I got any real traffic, but the idea was to start out slowly. That was the idea, until Friday when the site owner mentioned us on the BS Report (ESPN/Bill Simmons' podcast), and Simmons plugged us on Twitter. Soon after I had 2200 users online at one time. I didn't have a single problem. No DB errors, no slow down, nothing. We've been plugging away ever since at 300-400 users online at any given time. Still no problems. Not one. I realize that my DB isn't the size of most of yours and that very soon I will have to go to vps, but for anyone just starting out I would HIGHLY recommend hostgator.
        I used host gator, we would get too many connection errors with 100 people online, and thousands of 'my sql server has gone away' emails. I'm not sure how you are up and running with no errors.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Abomination
          I used host gator, we would get too many connection errors with 100 people online, and thousands of 'my sql server has gone away' emails. I'm not sure how you are up and running with no errors.
          First and only post from said person... can we all say SPAM! Hmmm... yummy, SPAM! Yuk...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...