Need New Host ASAP! Reccomendations Appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtech77
    • Aug 2009

Need New Host ASAP! Reccomendations Appreciated!

I've had nothing but problems with hosting my WP blog & VB on Powweb, now POWWEB is DOWN totally the whole powweb network. I need to get on a new server right away I will study this in this forum but wondered if someone could help me.. 17,000 some unique visitors in the past 30 days on my wordpress, 15,000 on my vbulletin.. Do I need like a VPS or something better than this cheap shared hosting that's always going down? I've had a ton of max user connection errors as well. My forum isn't that huge I just hit 500 registered users today. I'm also kind of clueless how to move everything over too. eek, l

Thanks for your help!
    Amanda
  • maximutt
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.0.x

For rock solid stability and dependability that won't break the bank, your best bet is to go with a VPS solution from a reputable host. I would highly recommend KnownHost or ServInt and if you ask, they will both transfer your sites over for you for free.

Good luck!

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

I would suggest checking at a site like webhostingtalk.com to get honest reviews from others who have used any host you may be thinking about.
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• jtech77
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by maximutt
        For rock solid stability and dependability that won't break the bank, your best bet is to go with a VPS solution from a reputable host. I would highly recommend KnownHost or ServInt and if you ask, they will both transfer your sites over for you for free.

Good luck!
        Thanks !! Anyone know how long it takes to transfer I cant be down long some other site is BLATANTLy copying me.. EEK now thats another problem heh

Comment

• terryfavors
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

I been using this one for 11 years with no complaints!

Comment

• maximutt
            • Feb 2008
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by locachica
            Thanks !! Anyone know how long it takes to transfer I cant be down long some other site is BLATANTLy copying me.. EEK now thats another problem heh
            VPS hosts generally take at least 24 hours to set up an account so your best bet is to contact them right away. It also doesn't hurt if you ask them to expedite your account setup.

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

I wouldn't go with the first offer you see
              look around, you don't want to change host again in a month
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• SecondV
                • May 2006
                • 3.8.x

I'd throw www.jaguarpc.com into the mix Great host, especially for VPS - they're having a sale atm since it's their 11th year in business.
                Regards,
                Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

• ozzy47
                  • Oct 2009

I would recommend http://wehostithere.net/ they have been very reliable!!
                  My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
                  Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

• icarusforde
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Mediatemple.

Been using them for ages, never had a problem

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by maximutt

Good luck!
                      I can 2nd this one. I have been with Knownhost for 4yrs.. Check out there reviews on WHT you will not be disappointed.. Are there cheaper host out there? Sure but you get what you pay for, IMO..

Good Luck

Comment

• syrus.xl
                        • Jun 2005

I would recommend you take a look at www.urljet.com - they will migrate your account from your current host to their servers for free. On top of that they specialize in vBulletin hosting, and provide an excellent support service, this includes even updating vBulletin for you. Apart from the aforementioned they also provide you with hosting using LiteSpeed instead of Apache, which will give any PHP based website a huge speed increase.

My sites run on a VPS with urljet, and are never down - also depending on which package you go for they will also provide PHP accelerators as well, I use APC Cache, MemCache for vBulletin - with pages loading instantly!

Worth considering if you need a new host quickly.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                          • Apr 2009

www.justhost.com

Comment

• taffy056
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SecondV
                            I'd throw www.jaguarpc.com into the mix Great host, especially for VPS - they're having a sale atm since it's their 11th year in business.
                            Can I just say that this company is simply awful, they take 2 - 3 days to answer simple questions in their tickets, and they do not support .co.uk & .org.uk domains, despite them saying they do, I have had to open a claim with Paypal to get a refund of my money with them, even though they got a money back guarantee - my advice is to stay well away!
                            Free Kick
                            https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

• SecondV
                              • May 2006
                              • 3.8.x

Strange. Never had any of those problems. My tickets have never taken longer than an hour unless it was a sales question and sales was closed for the day. They do support .co.uk as well, I have a friend who hosts with them and it does just fine.

Originally posted by taffy056
                              Can I just say that this company is simply awful, they take 2 - 3 days to answer simple questions in their tickets, and they do not support .co.uk & .org.uk domains, despite them saying they do, I have had to open a claim with Paypal to get a refund of my money with them, even though they got a money back guarantee - my advice is to stay well away!
                              Regards,
                              Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...