Has anyone here used urljet.com for hosting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnatster
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

We moved one of our sites to URLJET about 6 months ago. It's an automotive club site so there is someone new every year that handles our tech needs. With URLJET we find that when a new tech person is elected all is much easier as we don't have to teach them how to deal with updates since all the elected tech person needs to do is place a ticket when we add mods or update the site. We've never experienced any downtime and the move was painless. Our MINI Cooper club is very happy with URLJET.
    Director of Support - Drive Thru Online

sigpic

Comment

• Abomination
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by URLJet
      Hi all, just to clarify we do indeed run LiteSpeed. Thanks Abomination for catching the website error I'll see it gets corrected.
      Appreciate the input! Good to know you visit vb.com.

Unless I am told differently this is still my position:
      Originally posted by Abomination
      But I confirmed my thoughts on urljet, great place, especially for people just getting into the vb game
      There are a many many people that want to start up a forum and have no clue how to go about it, so when appropriate I think mentioning URL jet would help them, and vb.com to make the sale, and URL jet.

Comment

• dmw1031
        • Nov 2009

Ok, I'm almost sold but since we depend on this forum for most of our services... I want to be 100% certain.

Our current phpBB is customized with add-ons. We also have the added photo albums, user blogs, calendar, file library, etc. Does URLjet offer any of those services? I guess we need the vBulletin publishing suite instead of just the forums. Does any hosting company offer that?

Comment

• dmw1031
          • Nov 2009

Well, Katie at URLjet just informed me that phpBB add-ons will not convert, they don't supply licenses, don't convert anything other than basic forums. So either I hire a programmer to do all this custom converting or I stick with phpBB2 plus. Ugh.

Comment

• FannBlade
            • Apr 2011

I know this is an old thread...but just have to chime in.
            I've been with URLJet for around 8 months or so and the service is 2nd to none. They handle installs and mods very fast. I even had them build a script mod that work perfect.
            Even when I screw things up they are always there to help. Like others have said it's little more money but service is everything. My previous host would take longer to get back to me than URLJet to do all I needed...sometimes just few hours.
            The speed of servers is also very noticeable.
            NO I don't work for them...I'm just so dang happy with the service thought I would give them little atta boy.

Comment

• TWood
              • Mar 2009
              • 4.1.x

I'm hosted at URLJet for my vB4 site and I'm very happy with the service. Using the basic plan for now.
              shout street
              willful stupidity

Comment

• Fready
                • Nov 2010
                • 4.0.x

Used URL jet for over a year, all i can say is I never have to worry about downtime or speed, it just works great.
                Never have problems, best hosting out there for the price

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...