Has anyone here used urljet.com for hosting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmw1031
    • Nov 2009

Has anyone here used urljet.com for hosting?

Someone here suggested it and I looked over the site and looks good but I am hesitant because I've never heard of them before. Does anyone know anything about them?
  • Stabatha
    • May 2007

I just started using them on my 100k member board this week and so far it seems great. Our members have noticed the speed in our site already. I will be honest, I got off to a rocky start with one of the over night techs. But that next morning both the support supervisor and the owner got involved and made everything right for us including setting the custom config we needed in the server for better support of my scripts. I was very impressed on how they really turned things around!

Comment

• Abomination
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Stabatha
      my 100k member board
      What size package?

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

this is the only bad review I see

all the others are positive
        I've talked with the owners before (although it was over a year ago) and he seemed like a good guy
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• stephlb
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
          this is the only bad review I see

all the others are positive
          I've talked with the owners before (although it was over a year ago) and he seemed like a good guy
          I started with them about a week ago. I have a small board, so I am on a shared plan - 10GB space/200GB bandwidth. My questions from the sales rep got answered quickly. I've been watching the loads on avg its about 1 but last few days its been less than 1. I didnt need them to se tup my board for me; I did it myself. It's been smooth overall. I was on Downtownhost prior where the loads have been between 1-3.

The only snag has been one of my members unable to use the domain address to reach the site; she is still using the temporary address. Not sure what's going on there yet. It's been almost a week since I changed nameservers too.

But, I definitely recommend URLjet. Not sure how their VPS hosting compares, but I am happy with their shared hosting.

Comment

• Stabatha
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Abomination
            What size package?
            I'm using the vB Pro for 24.95 a month

Comment

• Abomination
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Stabatha
              I'm using the vB Pro for 24.95 a month
              Nice package, thought about getting that.

I called and talked to the owner a few weeks ago, and he confirmed that minimum search length on the shared servers was 4 characters. I told him there is definitely a market for shared hosts where that was set to 3 characters. I'd pay extra for that. Instead I just bought a vps account at servint today.

Comment

• syrus.xl
                • Jun 2005

All I can say is that www.urljet.com provides vBulletin users with outstanding services. I found them by chance via a banner advert on a friends vBulletin website. What impresssed me with URLJet is they do not use Apache, instead you get LiteSpeed (roughly 8 times faster) - so basically vBulletin renders pages very fast compared to a host using Apache.

I been with URLJet for quite awhile now, my vBulletin setup is tweaked in many ways - apart from the obvious speed increase using the LiteSpeed server, I have APC Cache and MemCache configured to boost vBulletin even more. Basically, pages load instantly - people have said that vBulletin 4.0 is slower than its predecessor, but due to all the acceleration I now use I do not see any difference whatsoever.

They specialize in vBulletin, will even install it for you and modifications - even upgrade it. URLJet may not be the cheapest host you will find, but with their incredible services, features, rapid support and friendly staff you cannot go wrong. Even before I migrated to them, I was referring some of my clients to them - based on what I had heard from other fellow vBulletin users.

The best move I ever made was moving all my sites to URLJet - the speed improvement was noticeable straight away with vBulletin.

Comment

• azbryanw
                  • Dec 2009

I set up a forum, my first forum, using URLJet a couple of days ago and they made everything pretty turnkey. So far so good, I will update if my opinion changes.
                  My Forum: http://www.financialplanningexchange.com

The first virtual peer to peer study group for financial planners and the financial planning community.

Comment

• Abomination
                    • Jul 2008

Sounds great.

I just checked their website, their smallest vps is $98/m for 512MB of ram?

I keep reading references to them using something better than Apache, light speed?, but I cannot find any reference on their website. I found this though.

Fact: Every URLJet VPS includes apache and mysql optimization to specifically run vBulletin.

edit: they are using lightspeed and not apache. Their website is incorrect with regards to the apache reference.
                    Last edited by Abomination; Mon 4 Jan '10, 12:17pm.

Comment

• Loco.M
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Sounds great.

I keep reading references to them using something better than Apache, light speed?, but I cannot find any reference on their website. I found this though.

Fact: Every URLJet VPS includes apache and mysql optimization to specifically run vBulletin.

your best bet is to email them or ask on their support forums
                      also search for reviews at sites like webhostingtalk.com that specialize in hosting discussion, that way you'll be able to see a much larger spectrum of URLJet users and their opinions
                      -- Web Developer for hire
                      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Abomination
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Loco.M
                        your best bet is to email them or ask on their support forums
                        also search for reviews at sites like webhostingtalk.com that specialize in hosting discussion, that way you'll be able to see a much larger spectrum of URLJet users and their opinions
                        I spent 3 hours searching WHT

Still too many inline ads, and mouseover ads as well for things completely unrelated to hosting.

But I confirmed my thoughts on urljet, great place, especially for people just getting into the vb game

Comment

• syrus.xl
                          • Jun 2005

Sounds great.

For details on LiteSpeed technology here's their overview http://litespeedtech.com/overview.html It is impressive, compared to standard Apache.

Comment

• Abomination
                            • Jul 2008

Sounds great.

Just called and their website is incorrect. They are using light speed instead of apache. The 'package' of what is on the servers is at the bottom of the page when viewing shared & vps packages.

Comment

• URLJet
                              • Sep 2005

Hi all, just to clarify we do indeed run LiteSpeed. Thanks Abomination for catching the website error I'll see it gets corrected.
                              URLJet.com -- Performance vBulletin Hosting it's what we do!
                              Free upgrades, hack installs, and more
                              True Hourly Backups including DB's
                              15K RPM Drives | Secure RIAD 5 & 10 Disk Arrays

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...