Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manifesto
    • Apr 2000

Site5 Hosting?

I want to switch over to Site5 hosting from my current provider, but then I remembered that Site5 had some kind of errors with vBulletin a few months ago (I think it was a few months ago... maybe less).

Anyway, I wanted to know if that is still the case, and if not, does anyone have experience with them? Their plans look great, but I want to know what kind of support they have.
  • BenchRacer
    • Jun 2000
    • 3.6.x

So far so good....

I moved my site over to site5 just over a month ago. I'm running phpweblog and vBulletin and so far haven't seen any major problems. I don't really like their Help Desk program, but they seem to always respond fairly quick.

However my site only gets about 2500 pageviews a day, so I don't know how they handle a really busy site.

My 2 cents

Chad D

Comment

• TotalBS
      • Apr 2000
      • 4.2.X

I had them a few months ago. I didn't like it there. My site went down a couple times, and trying to get in contact with tech support was difficult.

There is no tech support phone number. There is no contact phone number at all. So you have to rely on the email/trouble ticket system.

24 hour turn around seems to be the norm for tech issues for most places, so they were ok with that, except, when your site is down, you can't wait 24 hrs.

Supposedly they've fixed whatever problems they were having, but I've since left them for Vservers/Hostpro. For most support issues, email support is perfect, but...maybe I'm picky, but sometimes I want to talk to someone in case of an emergency. (Site down for 5 hours counts as emergency for me).
      Brian Shea (G+)
      FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com

Comment

• doron
        • Apr 2000

I moved a site to site5 with my 2nd vB, and they are pretty cool. Php4 on it, support helped me with restoring my mysqldump (they use a different version, i had problems, tech support did it for me .

I have a vB with 2 gb of transfer this month already. They even double billed me and pronto sent a email saying sorry without notification from me!

Comment

• major
          • Sep 2000

UltraSpeed USA

Well, I thought of signing up with Site5 as well, but I never could get a reply from their support team on a few questions I had before sign up. So I never signed up.

But I suggest you check out http://www.ultraspeedusa.com. They have PHP4.02, Zend Optimizer, subdomains etc and a very cool control panel as well. Their prices are a little lower than Site5 also, and they've got good and quick support...

Recommended.

Comment

• alemcherry
            • Jun 2006

Oops! 6 year old thread!!!
            But I think still they havent changed much!!
            Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...