Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vt7dust
    • Oct 2009

Looking for good windows hosting

I had shared hosting with Appliedi. However its databases were too limited that I decided I would have to move to another plan. I got a Win2003 VPS with them and its been nothing but trouble unfortunately. Anyway after dealing with a few big issues I now find .NET is screwed up on my machine or something and .NET apps keep throwing errors. Don't really feel like moving forward with this VPS as much trouble as it is.

So what good windows hosts are out there for me to host vBulletin with? Site isn't up yet but I anticipate a good amount of traffic and want to be prepared so no bs unlimited shared plans. I see extremely little discussion of windows hosts here, but I prefer being able to use ASP.NET.

About the only windows host I see recommended here is Global Gold. Is it really going to be fast enough when my customers and I are based in the US? If you use Global Gold do you use a shared or VPS plan?

Oh the appliedi plan is $70/month and I really don't want to go above that for the moment. I'll be willing to shell out more if my site gets popular and needs more capacity.

Thanks.
  • eUKhost.com
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vt7dust
    About the only windows host I see recommended here is Global Gold. Is it really going to be fast enough when my customers and I are based in the US? If you use Global Gold do you use a shared or VPS plan?

Thanks.
    If majority of your website visitors/traffic is from US, I would recommend you to consider a US based VPS. You may get a fully managed vps at $70/month. All the best with your search
    Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
    Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• immediate
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.2.X

I'd recommend this one: http://discountasp.com/
      and
      this one: http://www.orcsweb.com/
      for windows hosting.
      Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

• jlane0
        • Apr 2008

If you still need this you may go to www.contactgaming.com and click live support. We can try to get you a deal on a good windows server. (Ask for Justin)

Regards,

Justin Lane
        ContactGaming

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...