My Review of URLJet.com: My new home after months of hell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fariborz khan
    • Jul 2007

URLJet is my best choose I use many host that suspend me many time but they accept me kindly from 3 or 4 years ago and and help me many time's i not go to VPS or real dedicated server but I kindly go to URLJet.
    I not good in English so not write more in forums but I must wrote this post for thanks them
    Last edited by fariborz khan; Tue 22 Oct '13, 2:01am.
    urljet best-vbulletin-host

Comment

• thecreativegenius
      thecreativegenius commented
      Editing a comment
      How much time do they take to send a welcome email. I signed up 4 hours ago and I have not received any welcome email having my details. With other hosts it is within minutes so thought would ask here, if this is normal.
  • fariborz khan
    • Jul 2007

no worry they send my detail email very soon
    please check your signup again and conform they invoice
    Last edited by fariborz khan; Wed 23 Oct '13, 3:53pm.
    urljet best-vbulletin-host

Comment

• myths
      • Dec 2006
      • 4.2.X

urljet is very good but price very high

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

I use URLJet but I also work there so if I'm biased on anything it would be them lol. Hourly backups, simply knowing vBulletin and Xenforo helps as well so when an issue comes up you either have a prompt solution or they truly look into it and advise on possible solutions... on other hosts 80% of the time (that I've seen since I do work for forum owners as well, observation on my end if you will) they blame vBulletin itself i.e. "you need to optimize your forum software OR this script needs to be adjusted" or some other type of excuse because they do not know how to properly setup a server that allows vBulletin to run smoothly.

Site is hacked? Pfffft the hackers just submit a ticket and have one of your hourly backups restored to before point of entry/infection then determine how they accessed and patch the issue then you're back up and running. When you're on a host without hourly backups, if you're not backing up yourself then you could possibly lose your entire forum. I was working for a man recently who did not have a current backup and he lost over 1.5years worth of threads+posts which made me cringe and want to cry for him quite honestly.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• donald1234
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

Hourly back ups are an unnecessary gimick imo for most small forums that are on shared servers, daily back ups are more than adequate.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

As someone who has occasionally overwritten a file I edited already today - gimmick or not - they have come in handy.

Comment

• alemcherry
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by donald1234
              Hourly back ups are an unnecessary gimick imo for most small forums that are on shared servers, daily back ups are more than adequate.
              Right, but only for small forums. I used to admin a large forum with lots of users and content added every day. Since the audience was teen and even my mods were teens and the nature of the site made some of the mods to take revenge by deleting the user content. Hourly backups were very much useful in those cases and I am sure owners of large forums would agree.
              Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...