X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psplive
    • Oct 2009

justhost.com ?

Hi guys, i planning to use justhost.com as my host, and i wonder anyone using justhost.com too to host their forum? care to share some reviews?
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

everything is FREE
    everything is UNLIMITED

don't you think it's a little bit strange?
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
      • Nov 2005
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by nexialys
      everything is FREE
      everything is UNLIMITED

I've seen those plans..LOL!

Popups and ads all over the place...What a nightmare.

Comment

• jeffinj
        • Apr 2006

You might want to read this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319234
        www.christianforumsite.com
        sigpic

Comment

• MattyAsia
          • Aug 2009

I use JustHost for my hosting and I have no problems at all.
          I used to use HostMonster and BlueHost, but they had some downtime issues.

Their "unlimited" has been unlimited enough for me, I guess the amount of people with very little on their sites makes up for those who put a lot on their sites.

They're a little advertising hungry, which gets annoying, just ignore any "special upgrade offers" and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Dave B
            • Apr 2001

If you are basing your decision on something you found on a review site beware! This company is known for owning review sites which are just shill sites.

Comment

• harrysmith
              • Jan 2008

They seems to be over Sell and follow lame marketing policy How can we expect to get UNLIMITED stuffs which is practically impossible !!!
              Never trust such webhost and just forget reviews website.. none of therm are reliable

Comment

• immediate
                • Oct 2009
                • 4.2.X

Well the truth is, if all of your sites suck and don't deserve a better host, or you just don't care that much because they aren't making any bucks, go with justhost.
                Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

• eUKhost.com
                  • Aug 2007

If someone really care about their website then try to avoid such overselling hosts. Unlimited offerings is nothing but a marketing strategy to attract users. Do a good research before you signup
                  Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
                  Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• James-A
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by nexialys
                    everything is FREE
                    everything is UNLIMITED

I hate the term UNLIMITED disk space and bandwidth. The newbies get attracted to such terms very soon but once the newbies becomes pro, they switch to realistic web hosting plans. But by that time the oversellers manage to make a good money and they keep on continuing to fool the newbies around.

Comment

• MattyAsia
                      • Aug 2009

Why are there so many complaints about the word "unlimited"? Sure it's not technically possible, but anyone who knows enough to have a really high usage website will know the difference. I've been using "unlimited" shared hosting for years without any real problems. I did begin to reach my processor usage limits once, so then I paid for another shared hosting account and spaced out my sites a bit, happily ever after.
                      It's a great cheap starter for anyone, and by the time you know it's not "technically" possible you're ready to move on to something different. But for me, without that cheaper starting area, I wouldn't be as good as I am today.
                      I remember once our server was showing about 96% full, I asked, and they said they were adding another drive, up something, and in a day or 2 it was back around 50-60%. No complaints from me.

Comment

• [PGS]MikalMirkas
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by psplive
                        Hi guys, i planning to use justhost.com as my host, and i wonder anyone using justhost.com too to host their forum? care to share some reviews?
                        I have installed vBulletin on JustHost, and let me tell you that it takes a long time for vBulletin to make new databases, about 8 hours for vBulletin and vBdata.

I found it to be looooooong, but it was so worth it.

Usually the errors are just telling you they can't connect, it's not true, vB is trying to create the databases but is being really slow 'bout it. :P

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 4.0.x

huh? 8 hours to create a database? Normal database creation takes about 5 seconds.

Comment

• gerbil249
                            • Jul 2009

I use them, quite fast.

Been using them for a month.

Comment

• rajubd
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 4.1.x

Never use use just host when you get 2000 visitor perday they will shoult down your site and say upgrade to dadicated server. I just move my site to eurovps from them
                              MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...