• Show
Clear All
  • medicalforums
    • Jul 2009
    • 5.1.x

Hostgator is great

Just want to tell about hostgator
    These people are great

I had several issues transferring my database and domain from my previous host (siteground) to hostgator.

There were problems with the DNS settings, mail folders, database backup and restore, vbSEO .htaccess file, and several other urgent issues.

The hostgator support techs helped me with all of these seamlessly.

And most importantly, support, was there 24/7 via live chat, phone, and tickets.

I used to host with Yahoo! before and they were not available immediately for help and even if they were, most of the times the tech support agents ended up puzzled with my problems and questions.

I'd recommend any vb webmaster to host with them, specially for newbies like me
  • raine09
    • Sep 2009

Thanks for your testimonial. I'll try it out i guess.

Regards,
    Raine
    Pret travaux

Comment

• swiftor
      • Feb 2009

I use host gator, excellent service, but with a shared hosting plan, it can't handle spikes in traffic well at all.

If I tweet an interesting link on the forum, a bunch of those people get errors that they can't access the page, nothing elegant. The forum also does slow down under heavy traffic.

Not everyone has this problem. My forum isn't a huge one, about 200-300 registered users visit per day, many more guests, and I get spikes when I do my online show or tweet stuff.

I'm currently here investigating what the best option might be for 100 or less per month.

That being said, host gator seems to be a great host to start on, and again, the service is top notch. Be sure to subscribe to them through someones referral link since they'll get 50 bux through their generous referral system.
      GameOn Friendly Multiplayer Gaming Community

Comment

• amy66
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by medicalforums
        Just want to tell about hostgator
        These people are great

I had several issues transferring my database and domain from my previous host (siteground) to hostgator.

There were problems with the DNS settings, mail folders, database backup and restore, vbSEO .htaccess file, and several other urgent issues.

The hostgator support techs helped me with all of these seamlessly.

And most importantly, support, was there 24/7 via live chat, phone, and tickets.

I used to host with Yahoo! before and they were not available immediately for help and even if they were, most of the times the tech support agents ended up puzzled with my problems and questions.

I'd recommend any vb webmaster to host with them, specially for newbies like me
        I am very happy with them. Their support is great.

Comment

• eUKhost.com
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by swiftor
          I use host gator, excellent service, but with a shared hosting plan, it can't handle spikes in traffic well at all.

If I tweet an interesting link on the forum, a bunch of those people get errors that they can't access the page, nothing elegant. The forum also does slow down under heavy traffic.
          It might be because of limit on no. of MySQL Connections. Shared package is fine for 100-200 users depending on host and limitations they have set. You might need to upgrade to avoid such problems.
          Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
          Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• Basketmen
            • Oct 2006
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by eUKhost.com
            It might be because of limit on no. of MySQL Connections. Shared package is fine for 100-200 users depending on host and limitations they have set. You might need to upgrade to avoid such problems.
            thanks for the info, hmm shared just for 100-200 users
            Build community is not easy, its a very long game

Comment

• Abomination
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Basketmen
              thanks for the info, hmm shared just for 100-200 users
              I believe he means 100-200 on at the same time.

Regardless, we have Host Gator, average 30-50 people online with no problems. Except one freak event when swarms of people were interested in one particular thread, and there was also a swarm of bots interested in another thread at the exact same time. There were a few connection errors and it resolved itself without my intervention.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...