• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wii
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.8.x

How to choose a VPS host ?

God, there are so many to choose from.

I have tested a few with similar specs, download speeds (200MB file) is about the same for all of them, traceroute do vary a lot though, but is this important ? Do I need a host which is close to my visitors (which are mostly in Europe) ?
  • royo
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

You don't really need it to be in Europe, it can also be on the East Coast US, and since it's web traffic it will be pretty fast. It depends if you want management with it, and if you want cPanel, what sort of budget you have, etc
    Oppressed.

Comment

• rolypoly
      • Apr 2001

Originally posted by wii

I have tested a few with similar specs, download speeds (200MB file) is about the same for all of them, traceroute do vary a lot though, but is this important ? Do I need a host which is close to my visitors (which are mostly in Europe) ?

It will take shorter time to reach your visitor if your vps is near them.

which part of europe are you in?

Comment

• wda2015
        • May 2001

santrex.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, santrex.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

best way to choose is ask for user/customer opinions on webhostingtalk.com
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• soniceffect
            • Feb 2005
            • 4.2.X

I currently have my site hosted with realwebhost on a vps. They are very good with vbulletin related queries, have very little downtime, the server is fast, relatavly reasonble on price (ya get what you pay for) and if they ever do go down the responce time is very quick.

I wouldnt normally recommend hosts however I have been as of so far very happy with them and been with them now around 6 months. One of the guys even moved everything from my old host to save me the hassle and sorted it within a couple of hours, everything moved and back in its place including my parked domains, email addys etc etc from my old cpanel setup.
            Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• wii
              • Sep 2000
              • 3.8.x

I did move to VPS, I will write a review soon.

Comment

• harrysmith
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wii

Yes, getting server from the host who have their server located close to your targeted visitor will help to reduce load time and will also help in SEO as server location is an important
                Go with UK webhosting service provider for better results...

Comment

• wii
                  • Sep 2000
                  • 3.8.x

That what I did, I will write a review soon.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...