Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maidos
    • Jul 2006

how many can one server host

Well, i run a dedicated server that got 2 medium traffic sites and i never really hit above the average load 1.0
    Got dual e5405, 6gb ram, 8 tb bandwidth so im wondering how many sites can this server host if we talk about medium traffic websites?
    I hope to host sites for my friends but not sure the limit of the server
  • eUKhost.com
    • Aug 2007

You can host as many websites your wish if you have full control of the server. You also monitor load usage of each website so not a problem in managing multiple websites on a single server.
    Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
    Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• alemcherry
      • Jun 2006

That is a good configuration. You can surely host few more medium traffic sites. Such a server would be hosting a few hundred sites if owned by a shared host.
      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• topvip
        • Sep 2007

if you run small sites, maybe you can run about 1000 sits.

Comment

• chick
          • Sep 2006

I agree, (nice server specs) you could run 600 to 1000 sites.

Comment

• mlx
            • Jan 2001
            • 3.8.x

Define medium traffic

Also the picture will be much different if we are talking about sites with static content or sites running some heavy scripts.

It depends on a lot of different things.

So quite frankly noone here will be able to give you a serious estimate based on the information you have posted.

Sounds like a pretty powerful server though.

P.S. from my experience ... personal/private websites of a few friends usually don't make any difference, shouldn't be a problem to host many of those
            Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• R1lover
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.8.x

It also depends on how fast you want your sites to be, raising the load with more sites will cause it to slow as well.... this is why most sites on shared hosting are much slower then a dedicated server setup properly. I keep the average load under 1.0 on all my servers, but my customers also expect the speed to be there as well.
              www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...