X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tariq Rathore
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

Webshoting advise

Anybody please recommend me any good web hosting that allowed me VBulletin without any high usage script currently i am using Lunarpages.com but they always send email me about high usage script even they banned inlinemod.php now i can’t merge,edit,delete to any thread in forums i need web hosting that also use VBulletin software.
    Mortal Kombat Nexus
    Pleae read before buying Ryan
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

What are the stats of your forum? And how many concurrent users do you have online? (peak)

Our forum was hosted with www.asmallorange.com. They offer realistic hosting plans. They are fine for small to medium sites. They do limit the number of permitted MySQL connections though (quite rightly so) So you may encounter problems if your site is very active. Their support was also excellent.

Comment

• Tariq Rathore
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.8.x

dude i need atleast 15 g.b harddisk
      Mortal Kombat Nexus

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Hard disk size is one thing but it's your traffic that's probably more important!

Also important is your budget - people could recommend a variety of hosting providers here but unless they know a little more about your needs, then you may end up getting completely useless advice.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Pipert
          • Apr 2009
          • 3.8.x

Go with a web host that doesn't oversell too much. Smaller hosts are usually better as they are more lenient. They also will not have too many restrictions.

If your site is a busy forum, then it could be time to upgrade to a VPS.

Comment

• Tariq Rathore
            • Mar 2008
            • 3.8.x

but i don't think so that my forum is busy i read some other sites high usage problem with lunarpages wheere as i monthly hits are 35000
            Mortal Kombat Nexus

Comment

• Jedito
              • May 2001

Have you a shoutbox on your forum? how many visitors at the same time does your site have in peaks and average?
              Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
              LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Tariq Rathore
                Anybody please recommend me any good web hosting that allowed me VBulletin without any high usage script currently i am using Lunarpages.com but they always send email me about high usage script even they banned inlinemod.php now i can’t merge,edit,delete to any thread in forums i need web hosting that also use VBulletin software.
                I recommend a dedicated server from theplanet.com or leaseweb.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...