X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    • Apr 2000

Cheap dedicated Raq.

Hi,

I'm starting a new site really soon, and its going to need a dedicated server. I basically need a dedicated server because the site is extremly database intensive. I'm almost broke, so I need to get a real cheap Raq until the site starts to make money.

I remember seeing some Cheap Raq's for sale somewhere, but ever since I sold WebhostArea.com I haven't kept up with the webhosting industry. I was hoping to get a basic system

i.e.

Raq 3
    20GB Bandwidth
    64MB Ram
    5GB Harddisk

For about $80 a month. Does anyone know if these sorts of deals are available? Thanks!

Michael Bray
    Michael Bray
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

there's a few links in that thread. follow them.

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

Re: Cheap dedicated Raq.

Originally posted by Michael
      Hi,

I'm starting a new site really soon, and its going to need a dedicated server. I basically need a dedicated server because the site is extremly database intensive. I'm almost broke, so I need to get a real cheap Raq until the site starts to make money.

I remember seeing some Cheap Raq's for sale somewhere, but ever since I sold WebhostArea.com I haven't kept up with the webhosting industry. I was hoping to get a basic system

i.e.

Raq 3
      20GB Bandwidth
      64MB Ram
      5GB Harddisk

For about $80 a month. Does anyone know if these sorts of deals are available? Thanks!

Michael Bray
      hey Michael long time no see *** waves *** huh you sold webhostarea ?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Michael
        • Apr 2000

G'Day Eva,

I'm sitting my HSC in a few weeks. I decided a few months ago to sell Webhost Area so that I could study for the HSC and give my self a chance of doing well

After I do that I'm looking to start a new site which is going to pretty fun rather then being webmaster orientated. Its gonna need the dedicated system though, and it looks like Internet Express is gonna be the one.

Cheers,

Michael
        Michael Bray

Comment

• Pilot
          • Apr 2000

64MB - not really enough for MySQL probably.

Try www.rackshack.net

They had $99 deals for RAQ4i with 256MB RAM and they work well with VB.

Also PHP is pre-installed. Just add MySQL!

Comment

• The Realist
            • Jul 2001
            • 4.0.x

Why not go with Rackshack.net for $99 you get a:

Raq4,
            300Gb bandwidth a month,
            20Gb space,

And its only a few dollars more than what you were going to pay anyway.

Comment

• Michael
              • Apr 2000

Thats an extra $40 Aussie Dollars per month, Plus there is a $250 US ($500 Aus) set up fee with Rackshack. I'm really broke at the moment, and the site wouldn't make money for atleast... 3 months probably.

Cheers,

Michael Bray
              Michael Bray

Comment

• wda2015
                • May 2001

Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...